Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mondo Mondaily!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jamesixgun, Jun 28, 2010.

1. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

Mondo Mondaily!

RL: So I set the alarm 10 minutes early today, and I'm now about 7 minutes ahead (after taking an extra minute to shave (I hadn't shaved since Friday) and an extra couple in the shower. I think this extra 10 minutes will be nice: ensures I don't feel rushed, should I decide to make a daily; I shouldn't feel as rushed; on those mornings when I need to do something extra on my way to work, I should have plenty of time to leave 5 or 10 minutes early (or more, if I rush a bit). Woo!

So. Up. Make coffee. Shave. Shower. Clothing (I dress myself!). Drink coffee. Make Daily. After this, I'll interwebsurf and coffee, then make my sandwich and head off to workies, where I'll continue on with the project, that will likely take several more weeks (for reference, I'm moving in alphabetical order and started with 'Aa' on June 15 (or maybe June 8): when I get to work today, I'll start up with 'Gr'; I've gone through about 1500 of 15000 records, though, so the A-G is somewhat misleading, since I'm only about 10% through. GOOD TIMES!!!1!), and likely do a bit of RantBook(tm)-writing (about the intersection/relationship between desire and will, or maybe they're synonymous?).

Then home, RantBooking(tm), some XFiles (currently in the early parts of season 4), some food, and...

OVG: perhaps some Solitaire or MinesweeperClone. idk.

2. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

Re: Mondo Mondaily!

RL: Taking my son to the dentist to get drilled today. He's not quite 5 and he has some freakish genetic weakness that gets him cavities like there's no tomorrow. Hopefully the adult teeth come in stronger.

D2: 1 million before the dentist, 1 million after.

3. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Well, I have my Neurologist appointment today (See here, if you want to know why). I get to walk in the pouring rain for 30 minutes to get to my bus which will SUCK. Also, I get to miss the second Fifa game because of this :(.

D2: Probably going to MP with omg later today, also slowly going away with Sora still.

OVG: Always have time for LoL!

4. erics

erics IncGamers Member

RL: It's Monday...

D2: Gonna start playing again, need a new project though.

Good luck, Virtue, I hope it turns out well.

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

*ties erics to Bar*

GL Virtue. MRI's are LOUD.

RL: Very hot outside. About to get pretty hot inside.

D2: *Must level amazon*

6. OldSoldier

OldSoldier IncGamers Member

RL: Son is seven weeks old today. He cries a fair bit, but he's fun too, sometimes! So I'll spend some time with him. There is no work to do at the office, so I won't go there.

D2: Not in over seven weeks!

7. Eric Xanthu

Eric Xanthu IncGamers Member

At a few months old they become lower maintenance and D2 goes back on the table. Hang in there!

8. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Neurologist doesn't mean I'm getting an MRI, means I'm just meeting with her :p. Showed up early, and got out before the actual time of the appointment! Wasn't spose to have my next MRI until 2012, but she didn't like something she noticed so I'll have my next one when ever there's a time slot available for me.

9. Bugzy

Bugzy IncGamers Member

Jamie, please don't feel offended in any way or feel the need to answer, but do you suffer from OCD? Your very precise in your times and I get the impression you work to a strict rota as part of your daily activities.

RL: Meeting, informal drinks, sleep. Up tomorrow at 5am unfortunately.

D2: Not tonight

10. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

RL: Just sent the last lingering guests from my oldest son's 6th birthday home, got the kids and misses in bed. Now, I *should* work but my boss has been a prick to say the least, making promises on my behalf - promises I have no chance of keeping.
    So I'll just...

D2: Aye!

GL figuring out what 'it' is, Virtue.

11. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

@Bugzy: I'm a bit OCD, I suppose, but I've never been diagnosed as such. But I do like things to flow in a certain way most of the time, though I'm not prone to distress when things don't flow the way I like. So I suspect my OCD is slight, and it hasn't really impacted my life in any (uncomfortable) way, so I'm happy with it, or, rather, not bothered by it too much.

And while I do get up at a fairly precise time, I leave for work within a range of about 7 or 8 minutes, and arrive at work sometimes 15-20 minutes early, and sometimes right on time, and (rarely) sometimes 4 or 5 minutes late, so, again, the OCD is somewhat slight.

And when I come home after work, I don't have a set schedule. I have to eat by about 6pm or I won't sleep well, but other than that, I don't time myself.

And I don't wear a watch or check the time on my phone or the computer very often.

But I do keep my apartment fairly clean, and get a bit bummed when it's not fairly clean; and I do pick out my outfits for the week (though only in my head); and I do tend to do certain things in certain, rather specific ways. But I don't see any of that as bad or self-destructive in any way.

And I'm fairly flexible in most other things, things that don't involve getting paid or fed or rested. So...

Anyways. Thanks for your concern.

12. Luchovzla

Luchovzla IncGamers Member

RL: Had lab today and an exam, got RAPED :/ Then went home and slept a while (wanted to see the Brazil game but there was a power outage, so I catched it at the last 10 minutes). Gonna jog and hit the gym, and study some Organic Chemistry... I have a test at Friday.

D2: Guess I'll just try to find that eth thresher I'm in desperate need of... Some countess/pitting.

13. Bugzy

Bugzy IncGamers Member

Ahhh - must be good time management then!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  14. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

@JayGun: Thanks for keeping up with the dailies lately. The SPF owes you much gratitude.

@Luchovzla: Erm... you might want to refrain from using that kind of language. I think using that word in such context is considered to be a violation of the forum rules. No matter what our age, every individual here behaves like an adult (usually), and while I doubt anyone would take immense offense from your statement... better safe than sorry, right? That said, glad to have you in the dailies, but sorry to hear your test "was very difficult." :wink:

RL: Back from work. Paid rent, then stood in line at the Post Office for twenty minutes just to buy a single stamp. UGH. My usual patience and tolerance has been quite thin lately, so I guess I'm not really in a good mood overall. Tonight? A little TV, some barbecue chicken, and some games. Not bad, I'd say.

D2: Sorry to omg et al for not showing up for the Iron Man PvP stuff this weekend. Was hoping it would be a spark to jumpstart D2, but I didn't have an eligible character and wasn't in the mood to make one. Don't really have much gear to twink with, either. In fact, I was barely on my computer all weekend...

OVG: Which means I didn't beat GTA IV yet. I played for a couple hours, but instead of doing story missions I did some side quests instead. I may play for a good while tonight if I'm in the mood.

15. xxnothing

xxnothing IncGamers Member

RL: Working on stuff for a Big New Client at work and have been getting some jealousy from coworkers... I didn't pick to be on this project and honestly would gladly hand it off to someone else as it's not to my taste.

D2: I rediscovered my Holy Shock/Holy Freeze paladin that has been parked in act 3 hell for about 8 months... respec'd him to get rid of Holy Freeze and go 100% Holy Shock, relying on CB/DS and physical damage coupled with Might to carry me through LI beasts. PhI+LI = SLOW work. I suppose I could put my Voice of Reason PB back on switch to use with 1pt in HF for the PhI+LI stuff, but I am enjoying borrowing my Hammerdin's CtA. Now that I have a CtA I don't know how I lived without it before! I can't wait to make more of them,, right now it's getting passed around between all my characters. :)
    I considered trading my Might merc for a Blessed Aim guy, as AR has been hard to come by while still retaining good resists and such. I guess Demon Limb will continue to be my crutch until I can think of something better.

16. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

@nubikoen: Happy birthday to mini-nub! Parenting pro-tip: give him my MSN, and in 16 years, I'll e-train him to become my very spitting image. :smug:

RL: Well, the a/c is off for one.

D2: Got a good game with Virtue going, raised our 'Sins to level 35, ready to tackle NM sometime in the future.

@TRM: It's fine, no worries, we'll see you next time, kay? ;)

17. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

RL: Job hunting. Hoping for that phone call.
    D2: MF'less pit runs. Found some nice stuff too.

18. Vang

Vang IncGamers Member

RL: Fixed the vent to my son's room. When I bought this house it never had airflow, but wasn't to much a concern until this summer. Someone decided to hook the vent to his room into the intake..Yeah what good does that do? None, so I did went and got some ducts and fixed him all up. Much cooler upstairs now.

D2: Very little today.

OVG: Been trying to get into Vanguard since I subscribed to it last week, and I'll tell ya what, I can not get into that game at all. It just has zero appeal. Looks like I'm heading to Age of Conan again, hopefully the guild has a spot for me still even though I left them last year!