Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nemar, Feb 2, 2004.

1. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

Monday

Monday is a bad day, first it's the end of we start to work again.

After it's the first day of the month and it's the day I have the most work to do.

2. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Dunno about work but I'm pretty stoked with all the good luck my Hammerdin has had over the weekend. He is now clvl 86 and found the following in 2 days :D

Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge
    Colossus Blade
    One-Hand Damage: 75 to 195
    Two-Hand Damage: 174 to 345
    Durability: 40 of 50
    Required Dexterity: 110
    Required Strength: 189
    Required Level: 63
    Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Unidentified
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 85
    Fingerprint: 0x17f41657
    +200% Enhanced Damage
    All Resistances +20
    Knockback
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    35% Chance of Crushing Blow

Naj's Puzzler
    Elder Staff
    Two-Hand Damage: 200 to 232
    Durability: 25 of 35
    Required Dexterity: 37
    Required Strength: 44
    Required Level: 78
    Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
    Unidentified
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0xb0c2767a
    +35 to Energy
    +70 to Mana
    +150% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 6-45 lightning damage
    30% Faster Cast Rate
    150% Damage to Undead
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    Level 11 Teleport (37/69 Charges)

Corpsemourn
    Ornate Plate
    Defense: 1249
    Durability: 47 of 60
    Required Strength: 170
    Required Level: 55
    Unidentified
    Item Level: 69
    Fingerprint: 0xf261b3c3
    +8 to Strength
    +10 to Vitality
    +177% Enhanced Defense
    Cold Resist +35%
    Adds 12-36 fire damage
    6% Chance to cast Level 2 Iron Maiden when struck
    Level 5 Corpse Explosion (30/40 Charges)

Templar's Might
    Sacred Armor
    Defense: 1754
    Durability: 35 of 60
    Required Strength: 232
    Required Level: 74
    Unidentified
    Item Level: 85
    Fingerprint: 0x94310467
    +11 to Strength
    +15 to Vitality
    +40 to Maximum Stamina
    +192% Enhanced Defense
    +271 Defense vs. Missile
    20% Faster Hit Recovery
    +1 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)

M'avina's True Sight
    Diadem
    Defense: 201
    Durability: 16 of 20
    Required Level: 64
    Unidentified
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0xd9c88c9e
    +25 to Mana
    +150 Defense
    Replenish Life +10
    30% Increased Attack Speed

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    50% Bonus to Attack Rating
    All Resistances +25
    ***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

3. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

good morning all
    phew, back to work again. i feel like i didn’t sleep all weekend.

i didn’t play that much d2 this weekend. on saturday night i went away camping for the night for a friend of mines birthday. we were at a little beach resort at a beach called kelso. all in all it was great. got home late yesterday afternoon.

played most of act II nightmare with my brothers IK barb last night after i got home, we also did a 1.09 cow run cos we both have windyzons back in 1.09 – just for nostalgia

have a great start to the week
    :) matt

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Hi all!

Today after school I will MF like crazy :teeth: My hammerdin is now equipped with 478% MF and he can kill very fast in Pit on p8 (this means 6-7 mins per run, full clears) :) I think now I have the ultimate Pit runner I have searched for a long time.

5. Orlith

Orlith IncGamers Member

I have not been very lucky this WE except for one drop: 44% War Travs. They are not perfect, but it's the first time I find a pair EVER! I always wanted to find a pair and it finaly happened :D.
    On the other hand, I have been quite unluky with pit runs.
    Actualy I had a question for you all Pit runners. Do you always run them in /p8 setting? Is it worth using /p3 or /p5 in order to still be able to clear the place relatively fast. It is obvious that I can't clear the place in /p8 (even though I have a skellimancer) fast enough for it to be rewarding.
    Thanks in advance for your help and advice ;)

6. NorthStarZon

NorthStarZon IncGamers Member

wow doc, those are some mighty fine drops... almost makes me want to
    start playing .10 :xears: i found a green amy today.

Happy Monday everybody..."the frist day of the rest of your lives"....

Imbolc 2 february
    This is the Earth, its washing, its clearing from debris and soaking with rain,
    personified as Mata-the first plough... Dana is the Mother of Men, Brighid is
    the most practial and one of the most widespread of earth-mother forms.
    :the book of druidry

peace everybody :xcool:

nsz

7. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

Morning all,

I spent a chunk of the weekend running Meph (after pushing 3 different new HCL guys through a couple of Normal acts each). Results were varied but I did find some rather nice stuff, certainly by my standards AND got my pure 1.10 HC self-found grail over 50%, which I'm quite stoked with. The weekend's finds included Arreat's Face and Skullder's Ire (in the same drop :)), Shadow Killer, Bartuc's Cut Throat, Carrion Wind, Gheed's Fortune (20% hehehe), Demon's Arch, Bloodmoon, Windhammer, Rune Master, plus a bunch of exceptional uniques and sets and of course normal ones. Another find of note was Civerb's Icon taking me down to 5 pre-expansion set items left to close that category.

I was pretty happy with the weekend DII-wise. :D

Butz. :teeth:

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Congrats on nice find :)

I always run Pit on /p8. That decreases the no-drop chance of normal monsters, as you know, so I have better chance to get some really good items there. But playing on p8 is not a good idea if you can't kill them fast enough. High MF & speed is the key for successful MFing, so if you are slow on p8, try p5 or whatever you like. Speed is important, wasting 20 mins in Pit on p8 is not as good as 10 mins on p4

9. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

From memory (although I'm sure I'll be corrected), the no-drop chance is about 5% at /players 5 and around 1% on /players 6. Higher than that the change amounts to probably 1 extra drop every few pit runs.

If you're doing it for drops then I would suggest players 5 or 6, if you're doing it for the xp as well as the drops, then sure, go for 8 if the speed is close to the same (remembering the extra xp for the additional couple of players levels is also hit by depreciating returns.).

Butz. :teeth:

10. Orlith

Orlith IncGamers Member

Thanks!

I guess I'll try /p5 since I am more interested in the drop than the xp. My skelymancer is 76 now and I have little hope of leveling him beyond 80-85. I decided to stop in act 1 hell for some pit runs and quit questing for a while.
    I wish to gather some gear for a new character more suitable for MP via TCP/IP since the skelymance is clearly not the most suitable character for MP games... I enjoy playing with other pple so I guess I'll make a paly or a baba specialized in team support and solid tank build.

11. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

*yawn* G'morning folks.

This weekend was a decent one. Had to do a bunch of work on my comic, but that didn't take up all my time. Played a bit more of NWN, getting past the first fight. Yippy.

In D2, got my shockadin into NM Act I. First thing out of the gate, he had a NDE with a boss pack of frickin quill rats. Apparently, his overconfidence is a great weakness. Sounds similar to Darken_Rahl....

Anyway, one of Baal's goons dropped me a nice Vipermaji, so I can add that baby to my collection. Also, in NM, picked up a Brainhew. La de da.

His shock damage is crap right now (1-460), and that's with maxed (slvl 24) holy shock and slvl ~10 lightning resist. Hopefully as I add to the resist, the shock will increase at a better rate. My damage on my weapon, though, is pretty darn good. Right now, with my Hand of Blessed Light, I'm doing a whopping ~300-3850 with all the lightning damage tacked on. Neato, except for LI's.

He's up to the Inner Cloister waypoint, so not much stands in the way of killing Andy and getting to the desert.

Have a nice day.

~K_P

12. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

What comic do you work on? I'm a bit of a comic fan, so I'm interested in hearing more....

I haven't played my Shockadin for a month or more, so I think I'll dust him off tonight and see what I can do :)

I ran mephisto with my Avenger yesterday. I had a fantastic map from the WP to Durance 3--that with a teleport ammy had me whacking Meph in less than 2 minutes (I always killed Mafer Dragonhand). Over the course of the day, I probably did about 30 or 35 runs.

To say Mephisto dropped stinking, fetid piles of putrified rubbish isn't nearly strong enough to describe the severely disappointing drops I was getting. Ugghhhh.

Many thanks to DaveintheBasement for the Raven Frost, though. That made a huge difference!

13. StarWarz2

StarWarz2 IncGamers Member

Well, this weekend went rather well D2 wise. Spent yesterday afternoon (and evening during the Super Bowl) working on my BF 'sin. She managed to become Slayer Jade last night around the end of the 4th quarter ... :) Of course, it took a little longer than normal, because I was busy cheering on the Patriots. (Hey, if the Giants aren't there, then the Patriots are a good choice).

Managed to move from lvl 31 to lvl 42. Lvl 43, sorry. Forgot that I managed to level when Baal finally fell. Players 8 Baal (even on normal) was a tough fight. 2 Shadow Warriors, 2 rogue mercenaries, and a MA 'sin (my brothers) were tanking. Managed to ignore the clone that Baal created, but it was a close thing.

Another nice accomplishement: This is my first character to make it through Normal w/o a single death. Even in SC. Minimal twinking, so that's a nice surprise. Did manage to find the complete Sigon's set during questing, though ... :) So still had some nice equipment.

Since we're packing up to move shortly (and move out for a little while so some repairs can be made), I'll probably not get to play D2 for awhile. :p Oh, well.

Cheers!

14. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

It's a manga I'm working on for entry into Tokyopop. Only 15-20 pages, and it's all planned out, but it's the polishing that's going to take a bit. As of yet, it's still unnamed, but that's simply because I haven't taken the time to think of one. Me = lazy bum.

15. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Yesterday I played a lot of D2. Taking my Grizzy paladin through Act3 Normal to Act4 NM, at players 8 everywhere. I'm having a blast playing him. He's lvl 61 now, 5 lvl away from the Cadeceus and 7/8 lvl for the Corona/Vortex Shield respectively. I hired him a Barb merc and I seriously think they are the best merc evAr! He's always fight by my side and never runs off off-screen to fight monsters, he stays with me. I think he loves his Headstriker too, which I'll try to upgrade to Conquest Sword. :)

16. Blue_Duck

Blue_Duck IncGamers Member

Well My day started off in a great way.

I started my first pit run----gonna run 10 more in the same seed as the 10 yesterday-----till I get 50 in.

The very FIRST DROP was---BONEHEW

LUV IT!!!----- I guess thats why we spend all our time MF'ing

Oh yeah, Lone_Wolf-- I wrote down the map seed number.

Good Luck to all.

LprMan----what is best to socket with. gonna give it to my hammerdine's defiance merc

B_D

17. MrNiceGuyCRB

MrNiceGuyCRB IncGamers Member

I woke up today at 11:30 and remembered seeing my clock say 8:00.. my parents said they'd tried to wake me up, but I don't remember.. No school for me today. Instead I think I'll play my 1.09 sorcy, TheDarkMagi. She's around level 20 and going through act2. She has some good stuff waiting for her at higher levels (occy, shako, 2x soj, full tal set, etc..).

MrNiceGuy

18. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Monday ain't such a bad day...Had my 3 month probationary evaluation at my job this morning; it was glowing and I got a 5% raise (3% for cost of living, and 2% performance bonus). And now I'm eligible for the health plan. Woot!

D2 wise, I got my barb in the 3 way Dance tourney past the ancients in normal.

19. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

2x Amn is the best choice imo :)

20. Kolor Klown

Kolor Klown IncGamers Member

Monday sux, Sunday I had to stay up to finish my chemistry project. Wake up at like 5:50 AM to get ready for bus, someone nearly destroys my project on the bus. Came to school, turned in my project, and had to do assignment in class which I did not finish and lost alot of points. Went to history and found out that we had test this week and presentation on Tuesday and Wednesday, now I'm in my third period class (computer design) and sitting here typing this post :D

-Klown :xtree: