Monday - me go to Mexico

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Monday - me go to Mexico

I don't remember the last time I was excited for a Monday morning to arrive, but it's been a long time. My plane leaves in 8 hours. See ya in a week.

Have fun
everyone

Fists of Legend

Diabloii.Net Member
Have a great time. Like sawm said, don't drink the water. I have heard that Corona and/or tequila are both good substitutes.:thumbsup: I would suggest sticking to those.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
I hate you.

:tongue: Tenga un gran rato usted persona afortunada.
Have a great time you lucky person. (Translation by Babelfish)

EDIT: @Frostburn. Showing your age a bit there .... :hide:

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Try not to get yourself stripped naked, dragged up a great pyramid, held down spread-eagled on a stone slab by four black-robed Aztec priests, while the high priest stands over you with an obsidian sacrificial knife, poised over your bare chest.....:sad2:

Oh, that was 500 years ago? My mistake...:embarassed:

From Wikipedia
The Sacrifice Ritual
Most of the sacrifice rituals took more than one person to perform [verification needed]. In the usual procedure of sacrifice, the victim would be painted with blue chalk (the color of sacrifice) and taken to the top of the great pyramid [verification needed]. Then the victim would be laid on a stone slab by four priests, his abdomen sliced open with a ceremonial knife (contrary to popular accounts, an obsidian knife could hardly cut through a ribcage) and his heart taken out and raised to the sun. The heart would be put in a bowl held by a statue, and the body thrown on the stairs, where it would be dragged away. Usually, the sacrifice was supposed to be voluntary—even captives were supposed to offer their life without struggle, but if faith was not enough, drugs could be used.

Afterwards, the body parts would be disposed of in various ways: the viscera were used to feed the animals in the zoo, the head was cleaned and placed on display in the tzompantli, and the rest of the body was either cremated or cut into very small pieces and offered by the warrior as a gift to important people, in exchange of presents. This has been confirmed by archaeology, since the body of some of the victims indicate removal of muscles and skinning (José Luis Salinas Uribe, INAH, 2005) (see cannibalism).

Not necesarilly all the skulls in the tzompantli were victims of sacrifice. During the siege of Tlatelolco. The Tlatelolcas built three more tzompantli. Two for their own dead, and one for the Spanish (which included two horse skulls) (source: [La relación anónima de Tlatelolco]).

Other kinds of human sacrifice, which paid tribute to various other Aztec deities, approached the victims differently. In these, the victim could be shot with arrows (in which the draining blood represented the cool rains of spring), died fighting (gladiatorial sacrifice), burned (to honor the fire god), flayed after being sacrificed (to honor Xipe Totec, the flayed god), or drowned [verification needed].

Arreat_mercenary

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, welcome!

Where are you arriving Sir Poops? (I Live in Mexico)

And all that has been said, it's true, tequila, corona, tecate, XX lager and Sol are good substitutes of water, so help save the water, drink tequila :grin:

Except the ritual part, that's so old and typical from people which don't know Mexico...............

@sawm: What's wrong with the water in Mexico? :scratch:

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Thyiad said:
@Frostburn. Showing your age a bit there .... :hide:
Tenochtitlan was way too over-rated.

Now Machu Picchu... that was the top tourist destination!

We even had the citizens of the Ming Empire sailing all across the Pacific Ocean in their huge junks visiting us!

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Arreat_mercenary said:
Except the ritual part, that's so old and typical from people which don't know Mexico...............
Oh, I noticed you added a bit more here.

Chill out 'mate'. I'm not dissing your wonderful country. I know a lot more about stuff than you presume.

Arreat_mercenary said:
Tenochtitlan way over-rated uh? Can I know why?
It's called a joke and having fun.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Sounded like a joke to me. I, however, was quite serious when I suggested Frostburn was 500 years old ....

Edit: @Frostburn, Are you suggesting *I* am 500 years old?

@erics, what's a taco bell?

Edit2: @Frostburn - Try a cleaning service. :tongue:

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
That's why I need to marry you! :flowers:

EDIT:
Thyiad said:
Edit: @Frostburn, Are you suggesting *I* am 500 years old?
Assuredly not! Only that I am 500 years old, and I need someone to wash my pants.

EDIT2:
Thyiad said:
Edit2: @Frostburn - Try a cleaning service. :tongue:
You're a cruel woman!

erics

Diabloii.Net Member
I'ld love to visit Mexico sometime and try some real authentic mexican food. I'm guessing taco bell isn't the real thing. :drunk:

PSYCHO

Diabloii.Net Member
I had real Mexican food in California. It's very beautiful stuff, especially if you like your spice :wink3:...