Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monday freakin' Daily Thread!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kung Poo, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Monday freakin' Daily Thread!

Honestly, people, this is getting ridiculous. Almost noon EST and no daily?

First off, let me say that I'm sad so many are leaving the SPF, but I hope that their RL situations and such are prosperous. Don't forget us, ok?

Secondly, in D2 news, I cranked up Darken_Rahl and unparked him from Hell Act 2. Did the whole act and slaughtered Duriel. I laughed my butt off. In hell, he was easier than in NM or normal. My minions just surrounded him and wailed until he croaked. With decrep active the whole time, he didn't have a chance in the world. Not one minion died.

So I'm in Act III, all the way up to the Lower Kurast waypoint, although I haven't retrieved any organs yet.

I'm back in the swing with our beloved necro, and loving it, so expect some more adventures coming to a thread near you.

Peace, folks.

~K_P

2. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

Ahh monday, i hate it, but today i have a holiday!

Leveled my moogazon (lol) to lvl 73 so she could use my WF. Then beat nm baal and ancients. Started act 1 hell and got kill by a quill rat (left it on players 8 :( ) At that point i got i quit and came here.

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

already saw there was no thread but im @ work so :S and hey, i start them all the time so i blame Durf for this :rant:

well, like i said im @ work, were having a dealermeeting andits freacking busy here, i tend to slip away once in awhile to check the forums here, cause i hate fancy people with a gucci or armani suit and a rolex around their wrist :sleep:

have a good one today

robin

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

I've been asleep most of the day...

Finally got Mariah, my Blade Fury assassin, to Conqueror last night :clap: - now all I need to do is get her through Hell...

Have a good day everyone!

5. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

hiya all, well i'm at work now and let me tell you, 9AM on a monday sucks! it doesn't help that i have big projects coming do in the next few days... not too much D2 for me. in addition, all the parts for the new computer arrived over the weekend!! Great, right? wrong! it doesn't work cause the #*&#*$* mainboard or CPU is fried so i have to return BOTH of them cause i can't figure out which one it is.

On a more D2-related note, i leveled Girly_girl, my PVP Sorc to lvl 52 last night, and she took out Ancient Kaa and got the Staff in NM. I'm hoping she ends up working out OK, as I'm not at all sure how well a pvp sorc will do.

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Damn, I should have made daily...but forgot it :uhhuh: Now you can blame me instead of Durf

[rant]
    I must agree with Kung Poo, our forum in not what it was before. I Have been here for about 6 months now so I didn't see this place in its full glory. I have heard so many stories about great guys who inhabited SPF but now have gone elsewhere or just lurk here (just like Butz, Vorbiss and NF now).

Of course we have lots of great things going on here and big bunch of nice people, but still...Can't you see it? We are going downhill, no matter what. Even I can see it and im not long-time regular here

I don't know if we can do anything to prevent this from happening, but I wish something could be done
    [/rant]

Ok, now something D2 related: I have played about an hour today, I ran Pindy. Nothing too great, only 2 uniques, 2nd being 35% War Travs. From what I know now, Pindy should be great for TC87 items but that doesn't help me much. I just can't run Pindy more than couple of hours max each day, my brain will melt. Running Pindle must be the most boring single thing in this game

7. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

This week is gonna be stacked full of D2 for me....March Break has begun! Got a few Baal runs in today with my fishy, nothing too gread, just a Tiara and a Blade Barrier along wwith a couple low level sets. I also got my MA assassin through normal and into the nm barracks. Right now i gotta go grab a bite so maybe some more baal runnin later on :drool:

-Pb

8. ashrael2

ashrael2 IncGamers Member

It has been a really long time since I posted in one of these threads...

This weekend my Zealot completed Hell Act 4 and the first waypoint in Act 5. My computer is having issues and I can't play LoD longer than 20 minutes or so, so I was getting a little frustrated trying to get to and kill Diablo. I could kill everything fast enough, the problem was that I kept getting cursed w/ Iron Maiden and killing myself. I must have died 20 times trying to run through it quickly, but once I finally did, Diablo was very easy to kill (far easier than any other character).

Then I did some runs in Act 5 and moved from level 83 to 85.

During this entire process I found: Wizardspike, Doombringer, Jalal's Mane, and Widowmaker (ward bow). Not too bad when I wasn't even MFing.

9. jwilliams152000

jwilliams152000 IncGamers Member

In RL news:

A house that parents own and rent out got busted for a meth lab over the weekend. So all week we have to go there and clean it up (HazMat cleaned out all the chemicals). So far we have had to strip all the paint off the walls, pull up all the carpet, take out the countertops, and take out the tile in the kitchen (where they cooked it all up). we have until april 1st to get it cleaned up so they can test for residue and tell us if it is safe to have sum1 live there again. My dad sad the test is very sensitive so we have to clean like a mofo. O well s*** happens eh? Well hope everyone elses lives have been going better and hope all ur d2 adventures come with great ends. no d2 for me this week.

10. Johney

Johney IncGamers Member

Noooooooo, now where will i get my meth?
    j/k

Thats bad luck man, will your parents have to pay for all repairs/cleaning or does the government or druggies?

11. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

After making my Avenger a Pat this weekend, I was debating on whether to finish up with my Hammerdin--who had just begun Hell--or start another character. I really want to make a Javazon to use my Titan's revenge and Thundergods Vigor, but the Hammerdin won out. I figured I could do so much more MFing and find all kinds of good stuff to help out my javazon later.

So, yesterday I played Horace most of the day. I went from Act I Tamoe Highland all the way through Act II Far Oasis. Andariel wasn't much trouble, though she took my merc out pretty quick. So far, at players 4, I haven't really had trouble with anything. I'm not looking forward to the Maggot Lair with all the tiny tunnels. Any other Hammerdin players have recommendations for this area?

I also found myself a brand new Bonehew Ogre Axe, Minotaur Ancient Axe, and a Soulfeast War Fork, so I'm a happier guy. I was going to slap that Ogre Axe on my merc, but the STR requirements are crazy. I may put a "hel" in there and still use it, but for now, it's just going on a mule. I also found a Summoning grand charm for Druids. I don't think I'll use it, but it'll rot on a mule quite nicely. :)

12. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I agree with you. The quality of the forum has been getting worse over the past few months. I am sure I have not helped and know I could do better. However, some people really need to be a little nicer.

The good news is that there are a lot of good members who still make the SPF a great experience. :thumbsup:

Anyways, I hope to post and get more involved with the people here during my break. I have my last four finals today and tomorrow, so until then I will be busy. Perhaps over break I can even get a few items off my grail.

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

well today i was at school (only 160 hours of lessons left in my school life, less than 7 weeks!) and kind of realised (well, gave into the fact it wasnt going away) that i have a maths test tmorrow morning that has 20% of my final marks for my GCSE on it, and i need a good result after the coursework wasnt to great. so i have had little time toplay D2, but i have just breifly lvled Fartarian to lvl 42, he's jsut completed the barb rescue quest. as i shudl have more time tmorrow after school, i hope to get him well on his way to ancients, whcih will take a while to get past...

14. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

well, it seems that yes, it's a bad week for people signing off....however, one thing to note is that it seems that every few months there is kind of a roll-over, some folks head out, new ones come in, and sometimes older member comeback....so, we'll see how it goes...from my perspective, I will say that people are a lot more tense around here it seems in some threads. We seem to have developed a morality patrol that's quick to criticize....

anyway, ran paran the zealot around hell actI some more to get another level out of him, now at 77. Been trying out some new tactics, such as using charge to separate out bosses (or run around them), and am considering using smite to start opening up groups when possible...not sure how that's going to work. whilst wreaking havok upon the skellies in the cave, a nice little golden amulet dropped...could it be something useful with plus skills, one of the high end amulets i see mf'ers talk about getting? is it super fantastic.....well, not quite, it was:

Nokozan Relic
    Amulet
    Required Level: 10
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 80
    Fingerprint: 0xd5646c20
    Fire Resist +50%
    +10% to Maximum Fire Resist
    Adds 3-6 fire damage
    +3 to Light Radius
    20% Faster Hit Recovery

ah well...the added fire resist is nice, but i guess this is more a collectors piece...have a good monday all!

15. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Well, while many members are leaving, and it's sad to see them go, we can still do our part to make this a super-friendly corner of the web. :)

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

:lol: thats funny....

17. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Well said, Lpr. I don't know what can be done either. Maybe my leaving was the best thing I could do as it seems to have drawn some attention to the problem.

Tekka: It's not your fault at all. Don't let others get you down. ;)

18. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Actually, Nightfish, I was refering to my post in that "how to cube a zod" thread. I really should not have posted at all. It was not worth asking what runes he used to get the zod using low level runes.

The Tyrael's Might and the seed command incident was somewhat regrettable, but I think after the "morality" police calmed down; it turned into a very enlightening discussion on the effects of the seed command.

Anyways, thanks to your support, I do not feel like I have to keep my Tyrael's Might hidden without feeling like I am going to be chased away by an angry mob. :p

**gets chased away by an angry mob**

19. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Sad to see all the old guys go. Nightfish, let me know if you wanna hook up for NWN, maybe we can do a TCP/IP game if that's even an option.

I had the funniest ancients battle with my MA assassin, I won't say her name because it's lame. I was on players8 NM and having only a few problems when I played one-handed with beer (no CoS) or FE-bug. Then I hit the ancients and Korlic was PI, which means only CoT and PS will hurt him. I had 10 full rej. and thought this would be plenty. I was wrong. I killed Madawc no prob but used about 3 potions before he fell, Talic was a pain and he took the rest of my rejuvs but I got Korlic down to 1/5 life in the process from fire splash on D-tail, then I hit the wall, no potions and Korlic was ignoring my merc and shadow master, chasing me. I had 300 hp left, so I went toe to toe. Wrong decision, I had 20 hp 3 sec later so I ran and hid, then the funniest thing happened, he couldn't find me so he went after SM and merc and I thought great, this is it. But he couldn't hurt the merc, and I had no Life Leach on the merc only Iron Pelt which probably did it (Damage reduced by 20). So it was PI Merc + SM vs. players 8, Korlic. I popped open a beer and watched. After about 5 minutes I switched the SM to SW and set it at CoT. 20 minutes later victory was at hand. I also was slowly regenerating hp and had a good 200 or so thanks to my Manald Heal (I forgot I had it on).

Maybe it's time to get some damage reduction gear on the merc (like 3 sol helmet). Question are there any weapons that give damage reduced by X?

20. Brass_Monkey

Brass_Monkey IncGamers Member

Depends what kind of Merc you're using.. I'm guessing Act 2? That seems to be what everyone goes for, for the auras. If you're using an Act 5 Merc, Crainte Vomir Espandon has 10% Damage Reduce, which isn't too shabby at all.

Edit: Just checked and it also has Slow Target, another plus. :)