Mojo-Mancer Attempt

VoodooCamel

Diabloii.Net Member
Mojo-Mancer Attempt

Hello there, I was thinking of making an untwinked Mojomancer, but there are a few questions I have.

1. How do I deal with act bosses?
2. Im guessing that I am allowed to use a merc? Although I don't really want to because he will end up doing all the killing and I will just be along for the ride...

Also, noticed there was no guide for mojomancer, so I guess I could make an attempt to write one... any help and tips would be appreciated.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
A mojomancer is just a support character. Your merc would definitely be doing all the killing, and he's really just for party play. I don't know if you can have a merc or not, but the reason the mojomancer was created was to end disputes over who gets to choose which curse is going to be used. If a mojo is present than it's the mojomancer's decision, as all cursing will be left up to him.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Necrochild was correct about the party play.

For PvM you are allowed a Merc. Be prepared for lots of slow and tiresome leveling. It is not as fun as it sounds.

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
If you want to solo with a mojomancer without any merc you probably need to hybridize somewhat.

My idea would be a melee-mojo combo. Bone Armor synergised with a bit of (unused) Bone Wall or perhaps even *urgh* Marrowwalks.

Poison Dagger bug and a big melee gear. Rest in curses.

While this does take a bit of the "one-tree" charm away it does make a character that can rely on himself, his gear, his curses and his wits. Bone Armor and Poison Dagger bug is not "intrusive" to the style.

Mad Mantis

Your concept looks remarkebly like the Meleemancer I'm building. Did you h4xXx0r my PC?

Dakotazout

Diabloii.Net Member

Im thinking about making a hybrid mojo...

I want a curse heavy necro that can solo with minimal summons, one golem would be fine

anyone have any ideas?

Mad Mantis

Ideas a plenty. What do you need? And more importantly do you want it twinked or untwinked?

Dakotazout

Diabloii.Net Member
Well is there any way to make a necro that uses only a golem and curses that can solo?

Maybe a golem to keep them off me + attract and confuse to make them kill each other (dont know how effective this is at killing)

and i suppose CE wouldnt hurt

mebbe a decent golem, not sure which, clay perhapse to take the hits and slow, attract and confuse for crowd control, amp dmg and lower resist to help with CE, that i could pump for bigger radius?

untwinked i suppose, i have nothing my account was deleted, so im starting from scratch

Mad Mantis

With the following Melee Set-up I have almost completed Nightmare. I'll bet he will make it in Hell. The massive numbers in the curses are there because I have +skills to speak of.

Poison & Bone
Bone Armor: 10
Bone Wall: 20
Bone Prison: 20

Curses
Dim Vision: 16
Attract: 8
Decrepify: 20

GenXCub

Diabloii.Net Member
For attract combo's with no army to help you, IM + attract works better than Confuse + attract (IMO)

Mad Mantis

Actually I use Attract and DV. This way I group the monster together and they still will pound one of their own into dust while I slay the rest. More castings of Attract gives more dead monsters.

GenXCub

Diabloii.Net Member
DV + Attract was a favorite of my old bowmancer... alas, those days are over thanks to the change in exploding arrows.

Mad Mantis

But the combo works very well for a Meleemancer. I DV the monsters to stop them from coming after me when the Attract wears of or when I get close.

VoodooCamel

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the help everyone, I guess I will make an attempt to be a hybrid instead of curses only, time to go see how this is going work...