Modifying Current Skills

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member
Modifying Current Skills

There are plenty of good skills in DI and DII. However, some of them are overpowered, underpowered, or extremely hard to implement successfully.

ITT Changes you'd like to see to the skills in DIII.

Teleport:
Instead of the cast-createObjectAtPointer effect

Sorc - the player becomes a lightning bolt that travels quickly (quicker w/ skill++) through walls & objects to any area . When the full length of the lightning bolt reaches the area, the player reappears. On reappear, casts nova.

Paladin - the player marks an area (beam me up scotty) and is FoH back down onto the marker. other players/monsters can see the marker. teleportation takes 1/2 or 1 sec

Barbarian - barbs don't need to teleport; no idea

Necromancer - the necromancer explodes into a mist of spirits and reassembles at the teleport point. players/monsters can see spirits. on reappear, cast Teeth Nova.

Druid - druid merges turns himself into air or dirt and reforms at pointer. if air, show gust of wind or tornado/twisters. On reappear, do something like a War Cry affect. if dirt, do the plant digging animation and on reappear, volcano.

Assassin - Assassin sets three around herself and sets a fourth destination spike. She instantly travels there.
- Shadow merge, assassin merges into a shadowed area and reappears at another shadow (within screen size). Shadows flutter.

prion

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Modifying Current Skills

the ability to curse only individual monsters. sometimes my amp radius is too large and it wakes up monsters that used to be blinded :p

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member

Psychic Hammer
-currently damages and knocks back
-Add crushing blow (it's a hammer after all)
-And/Or Stun

Blaze
-Add a "Drawing feature"
--whereby, if the sorceress draws a closed shape, the shape is filled with fire and everything inside gets burned.
--creating more complex shapes (i.e. pentagram) creates different affects and enhances damage types

stillman

Diabloii.Net Member

Summon more than one golem at a time.
Passive skills that can allow extra arrows to be fired while walking/running.
Blessed hammer stays in hand for melee in case you want the option of not finding better weapons for while.
Bone armor appears on the body instead of spinning around you, and requires bodies to get the bones.
Bone prisons/walls last longer, but can't be spammed.
No teleport spell/skill in the game, ever, no matter what, even if ADHD kids refuse to paly without tele.

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member

no tele = no meph runs. :(
Which is something you can discuss in another thread (there are 3 or so of them discussing this same issue, I don't think adding the same to this thread adds value.)

Make Firewall...actually worth using?
How so? How would you design firewall? When, where, why, who, what, how should occur when Firewall is casted?

Frost Nova
-Chills/damages monsters
-Freezes ground, skill% chance of anyone on ice (except Ice-skilled units) falling over
-Causes skidding/sliding

Mythic

Diabloii.Net Member

How so? How would you design firewall? When, where, why, who, what, how should occur when Firewall is casted?
Right click and hold. Draw shape. *poof* firewall. Of course the number of pixels you could draw would go up with level.

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member

Right click and hold. Draw shape. *poof* firewall. Of course the number of pixels you could draw would go up with level.
I would think that your suggestion is more in line with Blaze. Maybe you could specify a line with two clicks. The firewall will burn between those two points. Also, I've always thought of firewall as an actual wall that blocks some monsters from coming through. Perhaps if Firewall gained a Terror affect that'll repell some monsters, it'd fit more with the theme.

trafalgar-zero

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorceress- Remove blaze from the tree and introduce Flame Wave and make it a lvl 30 Fire Skill (skill is self explanatory)

Paladin- Concentration no longer enhances Blessed Hammer damage (seems fair to me)

Amazon- Fend gains a synergy from critical strike to allow blocking similar to weapon block (what spear zons? how dare I)

Assassin- Nothing from me

Barbarian- War Cry deals Magical Damage

Necromancer- Golem Mastery increases damage of golems

Druid- Lycanthropy doesn't have a prerequesite. (rejoice Werebear players)

raishi

Diabloii.Net Member

losing one point oh no what will we do...110 skill points i think you can spare one...granted we don't even know if there will be skill points...