Modem help please x_x

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Modem help please x_x

I figured I'd post this here before I registered on a tech help forum or called one of the three Indian guys that work at Dell tech support as it might be a common problem and easily fixable.

I've found out, after ~4 years of using this PC, that I can update drivers. Hooray. The thing is, after my modem driver is done updating, my Dialup Connect To My ISP thing won't recognize that the modem is hooked up - in fact, under the properties, it says it's removed. What I've done is system restored back to the 24th (before I updated) so I can connect again.

I figure that, if I can get this modem updated, I might hit a higher max connection speed than 26.4KBPS.

So, then, is something like this common? Have you heard of it before? Will I need to provide more information? Got a tech help forum you can recommend?

Thanks in advance to whoever knows this stuff, because I definitely don't. :shocked:

Edit - I guess I should add that I've been through the Windows Troubleshooting Help thing before anyone asks

Bulgarian

Banned
I figured I'd post this here before I registered on a tech help forum or called one of the three Indian guys that work at Dell tech support as it might be a common problem and easily fixable.
Ive called Earthlink's and Linksys's tech supports many times and they were always Indian.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive called Earthlink's and Linksys's tech supports many times and they were always Indian.
Yeah, a lot of smart people on the other end of the phone are. It's got something to do with the education laws over there, or something.

At least 70% of the doctors where I live are from India or have Indian last names as well.