mod to fight Uber diablo?

LegendsOfThePoo said:
Anyone know a way to spawn him in single player?
I was actually thinking of this myself, an annihilus would be nice :D

but i dont think there is a mod atm. awww

*wink wink, nudge nudge* @ programmer types

:thumbsup:

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Such a mod exists and I know of at least one person that uses it. I'll pm that guy the link to this thread.

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
Zavior said:
Take a smiter with good CB, goes down under 30 secs.
I'd be using a bowazon or bowassin, probably a little harder to kill him.

Is uber D affected by player setting? I understand he can spawn anywhere, if your on p8, is he?

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
Darkwell said:
I'd be using a bowazon or bowassin, probably a little harder to kill him.

Is uber D affected by player setting? I understand he can spawn anywhere, if your on p8, is he?
Big D will laugh and crush your chars. Unless your bowazon has ungodly ar and loads of CB.
Even blizz sorcs can have tough battle with him, even with top gear as DF, harle, tal's combo with facets etc...

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Never seen that guy but it would be nice to kick he's shins atleast once, just for fun :D
Waiting for the link NF ;)

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
Zavior said:
Big D will laugh and crush your chars. Unless your bowazon has ungodly ar and loads of CB.
Even blizz sorcs can have tough battle with him, even with top gear as DF, harle, tal's combo with facets etc...
Well....she can run really really fast.

That's why I asked about player setting. CB doesn't scale with p setting, it only does damage equivilent to p1, even at p8.

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, would be a challenge indeed. Having an absolutely ugly bad assed monster you've actually trouble with killing. However, DClone would be a bit problematic for all those legit players here :p I mean, come on, I've got 4 SoJ's, like hell it isn't going to spawn for that ^^

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
This would certainly be nice to have. After so many years a new challenge (one that Blizzard actually put in, not a total mod) is always welcome. I'd love to have some of my chars come out of retirement and bring it to the Big D.

I would just code this myself... shouldnt be hard after I did the 1.07-jewelry mod... but if someone else already did this I wont waste the time.

NF, i wouldnt mind having a go at the big D, if u can PM me the link that would be great.

btw, wud a summoner with a 244% fleshripper with a socketed eth rune do decent aainst him? cos i can pretty much hammer meph with it :lol:

San

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldnt' rely on the lowered CB of a ranged attack to kill anything with physical resistance, and über D has 50%. Unless you have huge amounts of damage, something like 3k on top, and a 8/2 frame Strafe. Even then, I wouldn't like to be caught the Pink Ray of Death :)

Pallys would probably be strong on him.. load up on the CB, resists (Guardian Angel), obtain a 4 or 5 frame attack speed (ez), and have leech. Zealots and Vindicators do all these.

Blizz sorcs should be of course able to kill him also. Just spam that Blizzard.. Probably pretty damn slow, since you'll have to dodge all those nasty attacks of his.

San said:
I wouldnt' rely on the lowered CB of a ranged attack to kill anything with physical resistance, and über D has 50%. Unless you have huge amounts of damage, something like 3k on top, and a 8/2 frame Strafe. Even then, I wouldn't like to be caught the Pink Ray of Death :)

Pallys would probably be strong on him.. load up on the CB, resists (Guardian Angel), obtain a 4 or 5 frame attack speed (ez), and have leech. Zealots and Vindicators do all these.

Blizz sorcs should be of course able to kill him also. Just spam that Blizzard.. Probably pretty damn slow, since you'll have to dodge all those nasty attacks of his.

...and Big D has 95% cold res and heaps of health :p

San

Diabloii.Net Member
ComeOutAndPlay said:
...and Big D has 95% cold res and heaps of health :p
And pure Blizzsorcs max Cold mastery. At lvl 30 it lower the resistances of every non-immune monster by.. 165%

edit: Hmm.. I wonder if this lower resistance thingy works only at half effectiveness on bosses, like the -target defence mods. Anyone care to enlighten me?