Mod question: PlugY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devastatius

Diabloii.Net Member
Mod question: PlugY

I want to use a part of the 'PlugY, the survival kit' mod. The mod has the following features (copied from the readme):

******** ALL FEATURES ********
- Infinity storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 personals pages!)
- Shared storage space in the stash (up to 4,294,967,296 shared pages too!)
- Local World Event for singleplayer and multiplayer off-realm !
- Unassign assigned skills and stats points.
- Change the selected language.
- Always regenerate maps in SinglePlayer like in MultiPlayer.
- Automatically execute /players X when you launch a new game.
- Add some pages for display more characters stats like %MF.
- Display item level in its popup.
- Launch any number of Diablo II game on the same computers.
- Grow up the stash to 10x10 squares.
- Change the save path directory.
- Change the version text print in the main menu.
- Always display Mana and Life values above the globes.
- D2 can load all files even those openned with Microsoft Excel.
- Localized in English, French, German.

I only want to use the features that I made 'bold', does anyone know how to do this?

-Bugatron

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure how well this would be accepted if you wanted to trade or MP. You could really isolate yourself. I would recommend not using it if you want to do either of these things. You can do whatever you want on your computer, just let anyone know when trading or Mping.

Devastatius

Diabloii.Net Member
I expected such an answer, I will leave it alone. Just out of curiosity, what does the community think of maphack? (no, I don't use it).

-Bugatron

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Bugatron said:
I expected such an answer, I will leave it alone. Just out of curiosity, what does the community think of maphack? (no, I don't use it).

-Bugatron
From my limited experience here, I would say that maphack is the anti-christ. Evil and unwanted.

WayWardSoul

Diabloii.Net Member
Bugatron said:

-Bugatron
1.02 Can I ask about editors, trainers or item packs here?

Not here. It’s against RPGForums.Net Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGPForums.Net Rules
5. Thou Shalt Not Pimp or aid the Pimping of hacks and Cheats. Hacks and Cheats are 3rd party programs that allow you to alter the way a player interacts with a game. This includes, but not restricted to Maphack and Pindlebot. We do not support the use of these. You may not ask for help in creating a hack/cheat, a link to where you can find one, provide a link to where people can download one. However, the morality of using these programs is sometimes discussed and we allow these [within reason], unless it violates any other rule.

Devastatius

Diabloii.Net Member
WayWardSoul said:
1.02 Can I ask about editors, trainers or item packs here?

Not here. It’s against RPGForums.Net Rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGPForums.Net Rules
5. Thou Shalt Not Pimp or aid the Pimping of hacks and Cheats. Hacks and Cheats are 3rd party programs that allow you to alter the way a player interacts with a game. This includes, but not restricted to Maphack and Pindlebot. We do not support the use of these. You may not ask for help in creating a hack/cheat, a link to where you can find one, provide a link to where people can download one. However, the morality of using these programs is sometimes discussed and we allow these [within reason], unless it violates any other rule.
I don't think PlugY is an editor, trainer or item pack. And what is pimping?

-Bugatron

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Bugatron said:
I don't think PlugY is an editor, trainer or item pack. And what is pimping?

-Bugatron
I think pimping refers to advertising or linking or providing information about these things. They are frowned upon severly here.

rdjeke

Diabloii.Net Member
You can edit plugy.ini to enable/disable the features you want. It is nifty but unfortunately it seems to clash with ATMA for some reason, even if you turn off extended stash, so I don't use it.

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Rzymian_Lg said:
only two cases:

Maps - not allowed

UBER DIABLO - :)

Rest would be acceptable i think
Sorry, excuse my noobiness but I would have thought that it would all be unacceptable to most here.

- Unassign assigned skills and stats points.

That is a very powerful function right there and to the point of a character editor. I believe the game should be played as it was made by Blizzard with official patches, whether they be bugged or not. Goddam FE!!

Tasdaz

Diabloii.Net Member
rdjeke said:
and extended inventoy would be a big no-no too. Imagine all the charms you could carry...
Let alone the infinity storage space... Cough... ATMA... Cough...

:D

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks to all of you for helping out. The site rules and FAQ are the place for the answers. And here is the official answer to your questions:

As PlugY allows character editing, it is an "editor". MapHack is called out specifically as against the rules. So if you use either of these programs, then interact with others here by MPing, trading, or giving items away, you will be banned. (Yes, even if you only use a couple features of PlugY.)

If you just use them on your own PC, and never interact with others here, no problem at all.

edit: Since this isn't a debatable topic, I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.