Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Moat trick?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by rdjw, Apr 8, 2004.

1. rdjw

rdjw IncGamers Member

Moat trick?

I have a blizz sorc, and i wish to be doin meph runs with her. i was wondering if someone can explain the moat trick to me...and what to do about all those nightlords everywhere, that are all cold immune? basically whats the fastest, easiest way to hell meph? if moat, what is exactly? thanks

2. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

I believe that the moat trick is when you teleport near him then lead him near the blood moat that runs through the middle of the level and surrounds the portal. Since he can't tele, you can jump to the other side of the moat and he'll be trapped. Just position yourself so you can just barely see him on the side, corner or top of the screen and then spam him with bliz or meteor till he dies. If you have trouble finding a spot where you can stand without being hassled by the vampires and council members, you can use the method I prefer which is to trap him in one of the v shaped spots between the tiers of stairs near where he originally spawns. Just stand near the "V" and tele around till he chases you, once he gets in the "V" teleport down so he's stuck and can't go either way. I realize this sounds confusing but it's really easy and you are almost never hassled by other monsters which is good because I like to switch to gull dagger for the kill and that wrecks my resists making me pretty vunerable to council hydras and vampires meteors. I can try to explain this method better if I wasn't clear enough. Good Luck!

3. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

There was a detailed writeup of the Moat Trick in the Sorceress forum a couple of weeks ago.

Basically, you are exploiting a weakness in Mephisto's AI, where you can get him "stuck" on a piece of scenery so he can't close in to counterattack you. If you ask me, it's very cheesy. But that said, it's very very popular with people doing "MF runs" with a sorceress character.

4. Deceit

Deceit IncGamers Member

go to mephy shoot him a few times and lure him to the left or right moat area, pull back and name lock him until he dies

5. A_S_G

A_S_G IncGamers Member

It's not really "cheesey" since I'm sure most people that do run meph do it, one thing that I prefer though is to use a ss and have good block and lure meph down to the circle, it doesn't really help you stay alive, but if you have good block he wont be able to wack you up close and my drop seem to be better in that area.

~A_S_G