Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mlvl and runes

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by tarzanell, May 20, 2005.

1. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

Mlvl and runes

Howdy guys,

I was just wondering if anyone could explain how rune drop possibilities in hell work. I'm aware of the whole "hephasto can drop zod, summoner/countess can drop up to Lo, up to cham from izzy etc." superunique possibilities...but is this dependent on Mlvl?

I only ask because I was lucky enough to find an ohm the other day in the pits. I immediately praised my luck for having found what I thought was the highest rune droppable in act 1....but then I thought "this is the pits....surely mlvl's 85-** could drop any rune?"

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

-tarz

2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Hmmm... according to ATMA, runes have qlvls matching their rlvls (except Hel, which is qlvl 33 and rlvl 0) but I'm far from sure how the rune TCs are organized. I do know that Zod has its own subTC and then they always come in pairs (meaning every monster able to drop El can also drop Eld, amd so on up to Jah and Cham).

For Zod to drop, it seems monsters need to be mlvl 80 at least. Well, someone here is bound to know why some monsters at lvl 80 can drop Zod. Wow, even bosses at Tower Cellar lvls 4 and 5 can drop Zod! All except the countess...

3. Warrior of Light

Warrior of Light IncGamers Member

Monster level is connected with Treasure Class (TC) of the monster. There are several treasure classes in the game. All items are grouped in treasure classes, for example Ohm is in treasure class with name “r27â€. In game files there are probabilities for each monster, what treasure classes he may drop with what chances. TC for normal monster increases with the monster level of the monster. Monster level increases with area level, where you find the monster and his type (normal, champion, boss, minion, super unique).

4. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

So essentially, rune drop probability is dependent on mlvl, not "unlocking" in later stages of the game, right?

...and here I was thinking of something so illogical! Time to check out ATMA methinks.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Oh, but that's not all that is to it. Act bosses and chests work differently. ATMA is a good idea any way you look at it.