Mixing your own drinks

Freemason

Banned
Mixing your own drinks

What do you do differently from the standard recipe when you mix your own drink?

My favorite drink is locally called a Joe Brown. Two shots Bacardi Anjeho rum on the rocks and briefly show it the coke.

I make it at home not as a double but usually as a sextuple. A whole rack of ice and an ounce of coke. One sip rum, one chug of beer. Repeat until mellow.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Ehh, I prefer to mix my drinks so that there is a slight aftertaste of alcohol, or no taste of alcohol. I still mix my drinks fairly strong, just not crazy strong so that you have to wince everytime you taste them.

For example, in a 12 oz glass, 3-4 ozs vodka, 8-9 oz orange juice. Still tastes great, still fairly strong for alcoholic content, and is generally kickass.

Oh, and as a side note, I now really enjoy a Cape Cod (vodka and cranberry juice) or a Singapore Sling (cherry brandy, grenadine, gin, sour mix, tonic). New favorites.

plasmo

Diabloii.Net Member
Anything where I can't taste the alcohol. Gin and Juice is the best one I've found so far to kill off any alcohol taste. Any other recommendations?

Or Gin and Tonics, because after everybody starts to really get into it, you can usually switch to straight water and easily outpace anybody. ;)

Keldaris

Diabloii.Net Member
Freemason said:
shots are fine for getting drunk fast. I prefer to not get blasted, merely a bit tipsy - for hours.
If i don't plan on getting plastered I drink beer, or coolers.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
I like a drink with the following:

1 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. Midori
1/2 oz. Rose's Lime Juice
1/2 oz. Pistachio liquor (or syrup)
1 1/2 oz. Pineapple juice.

add ingredients in the order above, to a shaker full of ice. Shake well, then serve on the rocks.

This makes a fantastic summertime cooler!

BTW this drink is called "the Universe".

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
i usually don't mix and i drink everything crystal clear from the bottle. if i mix however i like gin and tonic which is a classic in my opinion. also i ojnce i tried one mixture which was pretty good: dry gin, martini and vodka. it had really good soft taste. for unknown reasons it was called 007 :confused:

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
after a while of drinking, the mixing up part usually goes totally wrong in my case... last time i was drinking something u could hold upside down without spilling it...

thank god i still dont know what the ingredients were..

skihard

Banned
For Long Island Ice Teas I make them this way.

1 oz Tequila
1 oz Rum
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Triple Sec
Replace the Gin with
1 oz Amaretto
sweet & sour mix
coke / pepsi for color

I hate Gin and surprisingly I can taste it when in this drink so I’ve always asked for it this way since a friend many. Many moons ago ordered one this way.

and the mixed thing that does spill when held upside down is a blizzard from DQ

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
damn straight

I'll mix tequila with... nothing? yea that'll do
oh my god no tequilla!... that's poison dudes really, i had near death experiences from tequilla twice, no way i'm touching that again...