Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mistaken identity mr.Pally

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Bunniemaster, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Bunniemaster

Bunniemaster IncGamers Member

Mistaken identity mr.Pally

I was running the pit today and found a Hoz. I almost crapped my pants. I then started going to some trade rooms and making games called "Hoz here" and what not. I was getting some very very nice offer untill i ran in to some guy who said "Thats not a HOz". I then said "What the hell are you talking about." and he replieded with "Hoz's are Guilded Sheilds, yours is dragons something, but i'll take it anyways" and threw down his Hoz to show me that my Unided Zakarum Shield was not at all a Hoz.

Well now i wana know if i should Pawn the sheild off as a Hoz, or id it and sell it as a dragonscale, or keep it/give to my buddy.

2. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

No matter what kind of pally you are making (apart for my Sorcadin which is now forever lost in the pages of these forums), HoZ will almost always be the best shield. Even though Dragonscale is much rarer, it isn't in demand although I think it roxxors !!

Maybe I'm biased on this since Dragonscale was the first 1.10 unique I found.

3. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

Well, he's right, it's not a HoZ. So no, you shouldn't pass it off as one. It's a Dragonscale. Which is still pretty ace to be honest. Well, I think it is anyway, I have no idea about trade values though.

4. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

tell me about it. the trade channels are whacked. there is no base for any item damn near...or none that i have figured out

5. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

I've only ever traded stuff on two occasions. Stormshield for Trang's belt, which I'm sure I was well ripped off on if I compared it to "real" trade values, but well I wasn't gonna be using the Stormshield any time soon and the belt would finish off my set. The other was a Harlequin Crest for M'avina's armour, which I feel I got the better end of the deal cos I had several Harlequin Crests yet have been wanting that armour for ages. A friend of mine offered all his best stuff to try and get IK's armour and got laughed at. He has some pretty high end stuff so I dunno why... Then not long after, another friend managed to get the same armour plus Tal's armour and a Zod for a bunch of crappy (in comparison) rares and normal uniques...

6. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

I think it's funny how a lot of people look at you like you're talking gibberish when you say "Harlequin Crest." "What's a Harlequin Crest?"

Sigh. "Shako." *shakes head*

-Jomero

7. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

Actually I think Trang Belt is pretty close to Stormshield at the minute!

8. Bunniemaster

Bunniemaster IncGamers Member

Heres your Harlequin Crest damn b.net kids don't know their history.

9. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

That's the way I got into the trade actually. A friend of mine was goofing around and offered a "Shako" which was a normal shako with no mods. So he got offered M'avina's armour... Until the guy realised the Shako was actually a Shako (surprise) and not a Harlequin Crest. Then I stepped in!