Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Missionaries

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Strider_pt, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Strider_pt

Strider_pt IncGamers Member

Missionaries

I'm planning on making a missionary paladin (thorns/conversion). I dont know what other skills i would need. I could use zeal or FoH... Please help. This is what I think I might do

20 thorns
    15+ conversion (since % really doesnt increase that much)
    20 zeal
    20 sac
    20 holy shield

and the rest in resist fire/cold/light for the one I can have the best passive bonus for. Please comment and if you have your own build, by all means POST.

2. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

My converter is L 67 at the momment. My build plan is

Max Defiance (for synergy bonus)
    Max Thorns
    Max Holy Shield
    5 Conversion

I would ease off on the Conversion points, unless you are really serious on the %. I have 5 points invested, and with the + to skills, i am converting at high 30's%. I was wondering what to do with the remaining points for my build, so far i've not to invest in Zeal or Sacrifice, other than pre-reqs. I have been thinking of using Sacrifice as my main skill and investing heavily into Redemption for its usefulness and 15% synergy bonus, and perhaps some into Fanatacism as well.

Some suggest 1 into Conviction and Vengence, with points into the resists. This is useful for the PI's you will encounter, and since your converts will do mostly phys damage, someone has to kill the buggers, so you might as well.

I took an Act 1 Rogue merc because there is still the bug where a higher level monster will have 1 hp left upon reverting back to his original side, thus the merc can pick em off - or so the theory goes. Unless im totally clued out?

3. Any1

Any1 Banned

When it comes to a Missionary build, Amp Damage is your friend, . It increases your returned damage AND breakes PI immunities. Here's how you can get it:

1) An ACT-1 merc with Witchwild string is one option.

2) An ACT-2 merc with a rare elite Spear/Polearms with "% chance to cast Amplify Damage".

3) Atma's Scarab, unique amulet, also has a "% chance to cast Amplify Damage".

4) A fast magical/rare one-hander with "% chance to cast Amplify Damage" on your second weapon tab.

In case you have AR problems for your Zeal (Conversion doesn't need it) a few points in Blessed Aim will help.

You don't need that many points in Conversion, at least not initially. Get it to slvl 5 first then inch it up more if you see a need.

Good luck.

4. Strider_pt

Strider_pt IncGamers Member

Ok this is a working guide for a converter. I can see where % really dont get that much better so 5 or so seems good like arctic suggested. Here's a new skill distribution. Tell me what you think...

20 thorns
    20 shield
    20 defiance (i dont know about this one...)
    5 conversion
    20 zeal
    20 sac (synergy)

105 pts used

like arctic said, what skill would best compliment this type of build (like sacrifice or maybe zeal)

5. Any1

Any1 Banned

Counting pre-requisites, it's more than 105 skill points.

I would prioritize like this, first:

20 Zeal
    20 Sacrifice
    20 Thorns
    5 Conversion
    10 Holy Shield

Then Max HS, and lastly pour points into Defiance.