missing one skill point

ShaiTanZul

Diabloii.Net Member
missing one skill point

This is very strange. I've counted it for more then 10 times now but I am really missing one skill point!

My druid is currently lvl 81 and he has completed all quests. This means I should have 93 skill points (81 from the lvl up's and 12 from the completed quests)

But I have only spent 92 skill points (and i have none left) !!

Skills:
1x arctic blast
20x cyclone armor
17x twister
20x tornado
20x hurricane

1x raven
1x summon spirit wolf
1x summon dire wolf
1x summon grizzly
10x oak sage
-----------------------
TOTAL: 92

Anyone knows how this is possible?
I have allready talked to Akara on all dificulties.
Maybe it has something to do with the Book of Skill?

Help plz!

Epsilon Eyez

Diabloii.Net Member
Its all a matter of bad math. Level 81 does not equal 81 skill points, it only equals 80, due to the fact that you start from level 1. Level 1 to Level 2 nets one skill point. Level 3 = 2 points. Level 4 = 3 and so on so forth.

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member
Epsilon Eyez has it right, as far as the math goes.

However I have personally lost a skill point, so it is possible. I assigned a newly-gained skill point and then immediately quit the game (I was in a hurry to leave). Note that I said 'quit', not 'save and exit'. When I opened the character the next time that new point was missing, and I did not have any unassigned points. (It was the first point in a skill, so I know it wasn't a case of miscounting.)

Moral: I now always save and exit properly, no matter how much of a hurry I may be in!

lonnie913

Diabloii.Net Member
is that possible? i dont think it should be. make sure you dont have a stray point assigned somewhere unexpected. i would probably never believe this unless it happened to me, and i had counted and recounted several hundred times. heh.