missing items during xfer

dimsummore

Diabloii.Net Member
missing items during xfer

Hi guys,

This has happened to me several times since I started playing a month ago. I would transfer in a private game with a trusted friend and from time to time, items would just disappear and not show up in any of my characters. Just today I lost an Eth Kurast Exile when I transfered it.
Anyone help explain this mystery to me? I've also lost other good items as well.

Jake the Quinceeater

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: missing items during xfer

I don't quite understand ... do you leave the items in the game and find that they have disappeared when you come back? If so then either you have waited for too long before coming back into the game (non-magical items including runewords disappear after about 10 minutes when dropped on the floor I think), otherwise your "friend" has taken it. If items are disappearing from characters after you have sucessfully muled, then it doesn't sound like it's anything to do with the muling, instead I think the items have "poofed", i.e. been detected as duped items and deleted.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

if left on the ground

from here
Items and Gold Disappear after time when left on the ground
Don't leave items or gold lying on the ground any longer than necessary. Regular items (white, gray, runewords, runes) and gold disappear after exactly 10 minutes. Magic items (blue) will disappear after 20 minutes. Rare, Set, and Unique items will disappear after lying on the ground for 30 minutes
quest items will never disappear if left on the ground

if you muled successfully and the item disappeard before you entered the next game, the item was a dup and its clone was on you or another char in the previous game, or bnet rolled back your char to a previous state

KingAmazon

Diabloii.Net Member

The question is, have you lost any bad items? If you're losing only good items, I would suggest two things to you. Either you've got dupes poofing, or your friend is grabbing stuff. If you really, really trust your friend, and you know that he/she isn't taking the stuff, then you've probably just got dupes poofing.

It's also possible that items are just disappearing because you're leaving them for too long, but you have to leave them for a pretty long time before that happens. Runewords take 10 minutes to disappear, so if you're leaving them for that long, that might explain what's happening. However, it sounds like you're just losing one item at a time. If you're muling multiple runewords and only one of them is going away, most likely the items aren't expiring.

I'm a pretty pessimistic guy, so I think your friend is probably taking things, but I'm not going to go as far as to say that they are. You can decide that for yourself. Hope this helps!