Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mIRC problems

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arutha, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

mIRC problems

I haven't been able to connect to #dclone-east or the alliance channels on mIRC in the past few days, and i was wondering if it was just me or if its everyone. If its just me i have to figure out what I messed up, i have only been useing mIRC for a little over a week so i'm not that familiar with it.

Edit: i wasnt sure on the channel name because when i try to connect i get a long pause then go to a screen that i never used to connect to. So im thinking i might have accidently changed the server i connect to, although i dont know how. The server i want to connect to at start up is irc.dclone.org right? what do you think, could this be my problem?

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

it works fine for me.

and the channel is #useast-dclone

3. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

I tried messing around with where I connect to when I open irc but I realize I dont know what i'm doing. How can i check if i'm connecting to the right server and if i'm not how can i change it. Any help would be appreciated as i would like to figure this out before the appreciation pop on sunday as to not waste the sojs i paid earlier in the week. only locked one game on mon. so i would like to do better sunday, but that will be hard to do if i can't get to the alliance channel.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

if you write
    /server irc.dclone.org
    and press enter, you should connect to it. But you should be able to see what server you connect to, it usually shows what its doing, like
    attempting to connect to the.servers.name.here
    connection accepted.... etc.

Another thing that usually messes mirc up is firewalls. make sure they are accepting in- and outgoing traffic.

If problems still occur, post a screenshot of how it looks when you try to connect, and it will be easier to find the problem.

5. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

its working now, the problem was some security up-date for windows. thanks for the help.