Minus to res from merc?

Lundorff

Diabloii.Net Member
Minus to res from merc?

A simple question: If I gave my merc a Phoenix with -28% To Enemy Fire Resistance would that benefit someone using fire or only the merc?

And if yes, it there a runeword with minus to poison res?

Anthraquinone

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Minus to res from merc?

Only your merc will profit from that. You need to wear it yourself in order to get the -resist bonus.

-AnQ

Mitch Turnbuckle

Diabloii.Net Member

Hello,

Of the top of my head, the only items that I remember have - enemy poison resistance are Deaths Web:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/uwands.shtml

...and Grief Runeword:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml
(scroll down to "G", ladder only)

There might be another one or two, I cannot remember what they are 'though.

There are conversely a few items that increase poison damage, Bramble Runeword, Trang Oul's Claws to name a few. maybe one of the more knowledgeable forum members can name some more of them?

Anthraquinone

Diabloii.Net Member

Rainbow facets give -resist and +damage.
Trang Oul's Shield in combination with two more set items grants -25% poison resist.

Lundorff

Diabloii.Net Member

Death's Web and the 3 piece Trang Oul's is what I am aiming for. Eventually heh.

Rawness

Diabloii.Net Member

Death's Web and the 3 piece Trang Oul's is what I am aiming for. Eventually heh.
I don't really see the point of missing the 125FCR point in order to get 25% more poison damage -_-, if it isn't PvM where I really don't see the point either.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Deaths web, 3-piece trangs and bramble are must-haves for poisonmancers. Enigma and fcr are only useful in pvp, and I don't think he's aiming for a pvp build. Also -enemy poison resistance can be more than 25% extra damage. if the enemy has 99% poison resistance, your damage will be multiplied by 26, meaning 2500% extra damage. Why does a poison nec need fcr so much? Nova isn't supposed to be spammed anyway.

kavlor

Diabloii.Net Member

Deaths web, 3-piece trangs and bramble are must-haves for poisonmancers. Enigma and fcr are only useful in pvp, and I don't think he's aiming for a pvp build. Also -enemy poison resistance can be more than 25% extra damage. if the enemy has 99% poison resistance, your damage will be multiplied by 26, meaning 2500% extra damage. Why does a poison nec need fcr so much? Nova isn't supposed to be spammed anyway.
Ya I agree too much FCR would eat up your mana quicker,I find with PN necros I tend to over spam it as it is.The lower your poison the longer your waiting around so its self defeating to sacrifice damage for FCR.Pvp wise yeah I see you can catch people quicker and escape quicker with more FCR.