Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Minions, Magic Find, Soap.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by themachine, Sep 8, 2006.

1. themachine

themachine Diabloii.Net Member

Minions, Magic Find, Soap.

Since I recently got my account hacked and had all my best items taken it occurred to me that all my characters were very item dependant. So I decided to make a skelliemancer as I heard they can solo the game naked or untwinked with gutter-gear.

My question is this - How does magic find work with minions? Will your MF count when your minions make kills?

Question#2: I want to max skellies and skel mastery and maybe CE. would it make sense to max out bone spirit and bone prison or should I max golem mastery and the rest into curses? Bone Spirit would be nice to have to deal with immunes that I cant break with AmpDmg.

2. PFS

PFS Diabloii.Net Member

1. Yes
    2. 1 Point into Golem Mastery and 1 Point into Clay Golem. +skills will do the rest. I'd go for Max Skellies, Max Mages, Max Revive, Max CE with 1 point in each curse, maybe more in Amp for CE. But that's just me.

3. themachine

Yeah I forgot about revives. I wont max Revive though as I heard its nearly impossible to sustain all 20.

I dont like the idea of maxing mages as the elemental dmg they do is minimal and they wont benefit from ampdmg.

If I put all my points into minions and have no real attack myself other than curses I just feel like Im sitting there not really doing much other than casting out curses or CE once in a while. There arent always corpses to explode so more damage to big baddies would be better I would think. I dunno, Ive never made a skelliemancer before.

4. PFS

PFS Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmm...

Summoner is a bit more of a passive/defemsive build - particulary without enigma - very easy and very safe, but yes - mainly you'll be amping and CE'ing with little else.

Maybe better to go Bone Necro with remaining skills in Raise Skeleton, Skelli mastery, and 1 in Clay Golem and Golem Mastery to give you a nice meat wall. The skellies won't do much, but will protect you from being hit. Maybe another point in revive for the same purpose.

5. Evah

Evah Diabloii.Net Member

imo 1 pt into revive is enough, +skills will do the rest.
    20 skelemastery, skeleton and explosion is ok.
    1-5 summon res
    1-5 clay golem, 1-5 golem mastery (if you go for clay)
    1 iron, max golem mastery (if you go for mana golem made of 'insight')
    1 pt into all curses, and maybe 1 bone armour, rest into BA synergies.

6. themachine

So in otherwords, when making a summoner, I shouldnt worry about offensive bone skills? CE should be my main attack along with amp?

7. PFS

PFS Diabloii.Net Member

In a pure summoner your skellies and merc are used to take down a monster, your mages help by freezing and poisoning monsters which slows them and prevents life regen and revives can be very useful for bosses if you choose ones with Crushing blow (like Udars).

The Revives and Skellies give a VERY nice defensive meatwall to protect you while you Amp the crowds and then CE them all to bits when the first monster drops. Max CE should get pretty much the whole screen. Once you get one CE then just move forwards CEing everything, killing monsters not even on your screen yet.

8. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster Diabloii.Net Member

And you guys are gonna expect him to have a lot of +skills when playing untwinked?
    He doesn't have anything, he's building this to get something, with 1 point skills, he isn't gonna find much :rolleyes:

9. PFS

PFS Diabloii.Net Member

A few PGs will get him an AoKL, Undead Crown and Low Skin of the Vipermagi.

A non-elite selfmade Insight for the merc is very affordable too at a few pgs for the runes.

a +1 necro skills ammy should be dirt cheap too.

My first char was one of these and it was pretty easy to get some basic basic stuff.

Hell - when he hits 75 a 10/10 Necro Torch should be affordable even!

10. Evah

Evah Diabloii.Net Member

a +sumonning/PnB wand is a cheap thing. it can easilly be shopped. i got a +selemastery +BA +1 summoning from normal Charsy at clvl 23.

a Lore RW is good, too. Ort is dirt, Sol is for Pgems if runefinds are too bad.

Sigon's shield is not expencive either.