Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

minion stacking

Discussion in 'Druid' started by sunami, Mar 6, 2004.

1. sunami

sunami Banned

minion stacking

I am new to druids, could some1 plz point me to a link that explains this bug in pvp? I understand it has to do with fast tele with all your minions (how many?) but what happens? thanks

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

You're more or less immune to ranged attacks while minion stacked. There are attacks that this does not work for however...

Fenris would probably be better suited to tell you about it. :)

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you clarify?

When you Teleport all your minions appear right at your feet, and that means they distract and tank ranged shots. Is that what you mean?

Or is there something deeper going on here...

4. mepersoner

You can't even be hurt. :) It's not true for all attacks, I can look up which ones when I get home... afk dinner.

5. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Can your minions be hurt while in this state?

6. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I think I saw yes somewhere

7. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

AFAIK, Homing attacks don't hit you, the only ones I've seen zig-zag through me are bone spirit, and after dueling |2aider I think spear/spirit still hit.
    It's basically when a minion is RIGHT on top of you, as in when you just teleported or took a portal, bone spirit won't hit you, I assume guided won't either.

8. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

teleporting wind druids are a bugged and illegitimate character sub-class.

9. mepersoner

They're not bugged. Only if you minion stack. O-o

10. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

hence they are 90% bugged. enough for me not to duel and to look down on these losers.

11. tl998

tl998 Banned

Enigma itself is illegitimate. I won't duel in pubbies at all because I consider any class besides sorc that teleports is BM.

12. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Minion stacking is nothing new to diablo2 and has in fact been around for a very long time. I don't recall 1.07, but in both 1.08 and 1.09 assassins with shadow master and dragon flight had the same 'bonuses'. Necromancers entering town portals or new areas sometimes found their minions stacking on top of eachother and still do so frequently. Only now has it become a bigger issue because 50% of the duelers use teleportation in duels.

There's nothing buggy about it either. You teleport and your minions do as well. What the game does is place you onto the ground first since you're the lead character. Then it puts minions on top of the same position since they teleport onto the same spot as well, but they teleport 'later'. Therefore minions will be the first ones to be hit and you will be safe. Since minion AI says to stay close to you they won't immediately wander off either, so for a few frames they'll stay there in the same position as you. As far as I know what also causes them to stay on top of you is the radii of the minions stacking with your own causing some minor calibration issues which halts their offensive / repositioning AI. That would explain why for a necromancer it can take quite some time before all minions are unlocked from the same position.
    It's not buggy but just takes a while to calibrate. It's that simple.

13. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Yes, blizz put it in the game, so it's illegitimate? You're higher up then Blizzard now for deciding things about dii?

14. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Calm down...he didn't have any comment about you for using or dueling with it just that he dosn't like the idea of no-sorc tele and neither do I really

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

And, I don't like the idea of kids starving in the middle east or parents beating their children. Honestly, bigger things to worry about.
    I'm not mad at all, I just think it's funny when people try to say enigma is some kind of cheat.

16. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

Kirsty I disagree with you on this one. It IS buggy.

If minion stacking just made it to where things hit the minions first and the druid later WHY THE HELL DO GUIDED ARROWS PIERCE THROUGH, look just like an 09 piercing guided arrow, hit 5-6 times and do absolutely no damage to either druid or minion?

A: Bug

Now, I don't care if people use enigma to teleport, but I downright refuse to duel people who knowingly use the minion stacking bug.

17. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

Doesn't look like a bug to me, but rather just bad coding. They apparently hadn't thought that this would be occurring. Anyway, we all know the game was not designed around pvp so complaining is void.