Miniguide to the pvp wandbarb

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member
some people have fun in duel games, even if they dont win. i double checked and no where did glimmer say it was a top build or anything close. lighten up.

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member
his fun build is too expensive hehehehehe
It's not any more expensive than a top tier dueling character would be. The fact is, some people just like to try out new things. I spent a great deal of time and wealth building two characters that haven't really panned out this ladder. Did it bother me? No, because I was having fun trying something new. If the only thing you have in this game is building the strongest cookie-cutter you can afford then the game will get old pretty fast.

akumaxxyz

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not any more expensive than a top tier dueling character would be. The fact is, some people just like to try out new things. I spent a great deal of time and wealth building two characters that haven't really panned out this ladder. Did it bother me? No, because I was having fun trying something new. If the only thing you have in this game is building the strongest cookie-cutter you can afford then the game will get old pretty fast.
and the fact is you can gear any effective dueler with medicore gear and be 100x more effective than this build.
i woudnt waste so much wealth on a build like this just to have 2-3 minutes of fun, then everyone who sees you just buy antidotes like mad against you, wheres the fun in that?

i woudnt waste so much wealth on a build like this just to have 2-3 minutes of fun, then everyone who sees you just buy antidotes like mad against you, wheres the fun in that?

I give my finger to the belief 50% of general bnet populace doesnt even know akara sells antidote. Honestly, I even doubt some know of their existence. EVen less do I believe most people realize they're being killed by poison, not to mention them bothering to buy antidotes instead of mana pots.

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member
and the fact is you can gear any effective dueler with medicore gear and be 100x more effective than this build.
i think i've noticed something. you have no style. you are also scared of trying new things or trying things that may fail. you should try to get over this if you're ever going to have any fun or get anywhere.

@OP: i was thinking that since there's so much flak going your way, you may want to spell it out for the idiots that you know for a fact that this isnt a top tier build. some people cant seem to get it through their skulls so a disclaimer may be needed. i'm sure a mod would add it in for you.

akumaxxyz

Diabloii.Net Member
i think i've noticed something. you have no style. you are also scared of trying new things or trying things that may fail. you should try to get over this if you're ever going to have any fun or get anywhere.

@OP: i was thinking that since there's so much flak going your way, you may want to spell it out for the idiots that you know for a fact that this isnt a top tier build. some people cant seem to get it through their skulls so a disclaimer may be needed. i'm sure a mod would add it in for you.
you seem to take a offensive stance to what im saying? it is you who have problem with what i say? i got no problem with his build, anyone can see this is a expensive 2-3 minute fun build. if people feels like spending so much wealth on it so be it, its not my problem im just giving out my opinion so whats wrong with it? and everyone have their own type of fun, i dont need you to tell me what is and what not.

your comment about being scared trying new things on a video game is ridiculous.

Gimmershred

Diabloii.Net Member
here is a little movie of some duels tonight. The editing went seriously wrong but it shows a bit of the effects. At the end a funny duel: zealsorc vs barb.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7jppm8cAcrk

and yes, i dont got skillz with barb

and to all you haters i can only say: SWOOOOSHHH TOK TOK AAAAAARRGGG

Last edited:

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not going to waste my time debating how easily you can kill people with this build, because that's really not the point. The point, that you seem to be missing, is that the OP has fun with this build. Also, I don't really see how it simply cannot work at all, considering you can still use the same basic pvp setup as before. You're just swapping in a couple of Webs, so your ww has to be a little tighter.

Well, if they buy antidote potions then they no longer have room for mana potions. :thumbsup:

akumaxxyz

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not going to waste my time debating how easily you can kill people with this build, because that's really not the point. The point, that you seem to be missing, is that the OP has fun with this build. Also, I don't really see how it simply cannot work at all, considering you can still use the same basic pvp setup as before. You're just swapping in a couple of Webs, so your ww has to be a little tighter.

Well, if they buy antidote potions then they no longer have room for mana potions. :thumbsup:
antidote pots stack up resistance and they last for a while and the are very cheap.

yeah maybe op have fun with this, but you cannot say for who ever gather all this expensive stuff and then have pubs antidote pot him still sound fun?

jesterlolz

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay guys, you all need to chill out. Yes this is not a top teir build. Yes this can be negated by antidotes. Yes wands have a short range.

However, what is Diablo II if not for fun. Sure there are some agencies which sell Diablo products, and for them it is also income. Yet the vast majority of the D2 population plays this game for fun. Diablo 2 PvP is just something some do for enjoyment beyond that one can gain from just PvM.

I, however, get my dueling thrill not from that of the actual dueling, but from getting low tier builds to be workable. I like the rush of killing a well geared common character, with a relatively rare and unused build; it makes me feel skillful as well as knowledgable of the Diablo statistics and gear. From the many off-the-wall characters Gimmershred has created I think (though I don't want to put words in his mouth) that he doesn't need a constantly winning character to have fun.

Now, look at all Gimmershred has done, he posted a build, and many just shot it down. Perhaps the Napoleonic Complex which makes you need to consistantly win is making you feel that you are entitled to berate one for their different, and, IMO, higher morals and ideals due to the fact their build can be beaten by yours.

And so as such, I ask you all not to shoot down an idea, which obviously wasn't made to be a perfect dueler, but rather to either give "constructive criticism" on how to improve, or perhaps to give praise on this unique build mini-guide.

If we allow no new ideas into our forums, and no thoughts on new ways to have fun, what is separating us from jsp. I've been there and posted before, and while it is not as bad as everybody says it is, there is still far more flaming anger within those forums than these. The common acceptance of some of the more obscure builds is what keeps me to these forums, and keeps me away from jsp.

Ranting Over.

Barrynor

Banned
If no-one ever tried something new, we'd all still be ww-ing with pikes and making FO/STATIC sorcies.

Experiments are the soul of progress.

inanefedaykin

Diabloii.Net Member
My objection is that it's no good as even a fun build. It simply won't do enough damage to hurt anyone remotley competent.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
^^ trying reading more than the 4th page ;) aka the third page.

and why the archon staff ? I know it looks pretty and all, but why not something with more range ? wouldnt a range 5 weapon suit your build/play style much more ?

jesterlolz

Diabloii.Net Member
He maxed mace mastery, and that adds to staff damage as well as wand damage.

I believe its so he can do some physical damage in addition to poison damage.

Gimmershred

Diabloii.Net Member
yep, mace mastery works for staves too. Also the str req of only 18 is cool on the staff. And i just love the sound of a hitting staff. I sometimes use arreat+Stormshield+Fortitude scourge+res boots.
But that's more of a defensive setup then to really hit with.
I still want a fury scourge. OW + the venom from deaths webs must be a strong draining combo.
I know a lot of things can be better, but all other options lack style imho, and style is the only strong point of this char. Just call me crazy, i see that as a compliment in the nowadays d2 environment, that nearly solemnly exists of hammerdins and smiters.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=7jppm8cAcrk