Miniguide to the pvp wandbarb

Gimmershred

Diabloii.Net Member
Miniguide to the pvp wandbarb

The idea behind the wandbarb is stacked poison charms and the effective use of dualwielding death's web.

Gear:

Weapon 1: Death's web high -res shael (with +2skills for bo)
Weapon 2: Death's web high -res shael (with +2 skills for bo)
Switchweapon: Botd archon staff
Armor: Enigma or Bramble
Gloves: To gloves
Belt: Dungo's or Tgods or arach
Boots: Whatever rocks your world
Amulet: Angelics
Ring: Angelics
Ring: Raven
Helm: Rockstopper ber or something (keeping the str low and the soul alive)
Dream (if pulsekill is possible after your poison got them to 1 life).

Important: Charms. Try getting poison charms with the same length.
37x 100/20lifers for example with torch + anni.

Stash: Demon limb (-req jewel) Widowmaker (only if you put enough dex)
(2x doom only if you have enough str, also funny for pulsekills)

1) max mace mastery, it works for wands and staves
2) max ww
3) max bo
4) high lvl leap
5) like 5 in natural resist
6) 1 in iron skin
7) few in faster run walk, bit more if you use bramble.
8) some in shout

Stats:

Str for gear
Dex for gear
Energy none
Vita everything else

Tactics. Try to land 1 hit while wielding the deaths webs. Then go on the evasive tour or start wwíng away with your botd archon staff.

Widowmaker is dissapointing but usefull in some duels.

Might post some movies later this week of my crapbarb. And remember, if you can't beat em townlame em with your poison.

inanefedaykin

Diabloii.Net Member
I honestly can't see this hurting anyone, you've got no shield, crap ar and considerably less damage then a traditional barb. Not to mention the resists are pretty meh.

Gimmershred

Diabloii.Net Member
what's your point? Cookiecutters aren't cookiecutters for nothing. 50% of the players i hit are drained to 1 life after 1 hit nevertheless.

Post pics plss :smiley:

I wana see dmgg... I am poisoned halp 8( aaahh

Which carcs cause u most trouble?

edit: can I also get a pick of that BotD archon staff plss

Last edited:

HappyAssassin

Diabloii.Net Member
A row of juvs in belt > most builds, just cause you can pot the damage away doesn't make the build useless. Most pubs don't think to use antidotes. Still, its a one trick pony that won't kill much. Cute idea though.

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember reading about this build! Looked like alot of fun. I kinda like the idea of pulse killing on a barb lol. If i ever manage to get 37x 100 psn sc's, im doing this :thumbsup:

-BLoke :smug:

EDIT: actually, couldnt he treat this almost like a funny bvc? Doom/Doom on one switch Dweb/Dweb on the other? Like contact with the Dooms, tele/switch to dweb and let the psn boost punch in? Then switch back to Doom's for pulse kill? IMHO theres more to this idea than meets the eye lol.

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally I think instead of BotD I'd use an Infinity for the huge def cut of Conviction, not to mention it will almost guarantee crapola poison res after the switch trick.

Barrynor

Banned
In my experience, poison and full juvies don't go so well together. For example, when duelling in HC you pop your fulls at 25%, or even higher, because you know your opponent can easily take 25% or more in a single hit if you're unliky. Poison will drop you to 25% really quick, and at that point you pop a full... and the poison takes some more from that.

This idea has its merits. Can we get some damage data?

A row of juvs in belt > most builds, just cause you can pot the damage away doesn't make the build useless. Most pubs don't think to use antidotes. Still, its a one trick pony that won't kill much. Cute idea though.

crawlingdeadman

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally I think instead of BotD I'd use an Infinity for the huge def cut of Conviction, not to mention it will almost guarantee crapola poison res after the switch trick.
conviction doesnt do anything to poison res. also has no ias so i'd think it'd be a horrible ww weapon.

on topic i've seen a wand with huge poison damage on it (200+ over however many seconds) if you found a rare with that kinda damage and lower resist charges would that top death's web you think?

Cppo-The-Wild

Diabloii.Net Member
gimmer u've got probably the coolest duel chars i've seen. remember that huge teamduel night with 8 players we had maybe month or two back? played for many hours (you had your dream/zeal sorc and i had a bit more cookiecutter called bowzon). had a blast. nice work again and if you go duel with this give me a whisp to *cppo and we'll own some pub a$$!

-Cppo

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member
woudnt work anyway, anyone can town befor dying to it
Yeah, and anyone can town before being killed any other way. What's your point? If the build is able to run the person to town, then that person cannot beat you and it means the build gains a bit a viability.

Romasm

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like a cool build:)

I dont think TO gloves would do anything to the +psn damage. Since it isnt a skill from the barb, just plain damage. But if its just gloves for the FCR, use them ofcourse

Maybe a DW + Grief is also something u want to try out

Romasm

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno about that (if thats the case it a big nono), but Grief look interesting because of the -25%psn resist mod. + all the extra mods (like very sweet damage)

But if Venom cancels out the psn dmg charms.. Than it would destroy the build

IceOne

Diabloii.Net Member
the venom on grief would adversely affect all his poison charms... wouldnt it?
Yes it would, venom has a duration of like .2 seconds. Any charms giving psn damage are reduced to the duration of venom. For example, a 100 damage psn sc over 6 seconds will be reduced to 3.33 damage. However, if you only ww venom will not trigger (just like any other on striking mod with ww).

Also, I would like to point out a few things about psn damage. First, psn is considered bad manners in most structured duels. Second, any psn damage goes through pvp penalty and most likely 75% rez especially if antitote pots are involved (since it's bms anyway, this seems like fair game) (also, antitote pots stack giving 10 max rez and 50 rez for 30 seconds, if you take 2 the effects last for 60 seconds, etc). In practice 37 x 100 psn scs = 3,700 damage * 1/4 (pvp penalty) * 1/4 (after 75% rez) = 231 damage. Finally, this totally ignores any reduce duration gear (like irathias ammy) that would lower this damage even further.
**Bramble, Trangs Gloves, and other + psn % skills will affect all psn damge, not just that from skills.

Finally, if you do want to make this build, be smart about it.
Gear:
Helm: Arreats (Str/Dex/Skills/Rez/Def - whats not to love, especially with a nice AR/Str/Dex/Rez jewel)
Armor: Fortitude (Bramble is nice, but we are going for more then 231 damage a shot here)
Weapon: 34+ IAS Greif Zerker (-25 psn rez +++, huge damage far outstripping ebotdz)
Shield: StormShield (Block & DR, enough said)
Belt: Dungos (The DR with stormshield = 50%, max damage reduction)
Gloves: Trangs (25% more psn damage)
Boots: Gores (good damage mods and defense)
Switch: 2x 3x bo sticks.

This setup would give you the best of a traditional BvB with the added benefit of 289 additional poison damage. However, your going to lose out on the Attack rating you would have with AR/Life GCs.

Last Few Notes: Deathweb has a range of only 2, which means smiters will be very hard as boxing won't work.

akumaxxyz

Diabloii.Net Member
first if this is for pubs, its a joke,and if you meant this to be a serious 1v1 pvper it still doesnt work, because getting psn resist items is way too easy, i like to see you try landing a ww or whatever hit with 2 death webs against a good dueler.