Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mine detector - geological tool - surface/underground ifra

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by neophase, Apr 10, 2005.

1. neophase

neophase Banned

Mine detector - geological tool - surface/underground

Hard to describe what exactly I am looking for....
    Satellite imagery can show what's on the surface of most the entire world, but I want to go as far underground as possible, through different forms of soil such as rock, sand, earth, gravel, snow, ice, etc.

Getting the Geological disposition of a certain land, say Canada and US, the surface, wouldn't be too hard, it's underground that'd be a problem....

2. llad12

llad12 Diabloii.Net Member

Radar imagery will penetrate a very short distance and has been in use for years as a remote sensing tool.

3-D seismic is used to model the subsurface geologic structure in sedimentary basins for several miles in depth

I really have no idea what you are really asking about ... :scratch:

3. neophase

neophase Banned

Wow, exactly what I was asking for! brilliant, you are cowabunga of narlies!! :)

so where do I get access to these documentations and imagery and all? Government prob?
    or classified, who does it? NASA?

4. llad12

llad12 Diabloii.Net Member

3-D seismic is proprietary information obtained, paid for, and used by oil and gas corporations as a exploration tool for petroleum. It is generally not available to the public. Even if you had access to such information, you would need years of experience and training as a petroleum geophysicist/geologist to understand what you were looking at.

Radar imagery as well as aerial and satellite photography is usually available at state geological surveys as well as the USGS. Universities often have access to such information as well in their geographic and geological departments.

Surface mapping of the United States has been done by both state and federal geologic surveys over many decades.

You would probably be better off looking at state geological maps rather than anything on a national scale ... but then again I am still not clear for what purpose you are seeking such information.

5. neophase

neophase Banned

Locke is my idol tee hee, TREASURE HUNTER
    Relic and gold hunter, also a miner.... I'm a lil curious, I wanna find some gold hehe.
    Especially on the west coast here (Cali/Washington/BC), BC esp has had a good history with gold.... and other rich deposits. I'm considering become geoligical dude myself, driller and blaster in the sciences, not in the doing but thinking of it.

6. Stevinator

Stevinator Diabloii.Net Member

I"m not sure if neo is funny or scary.

Good luck with your mining expedition. you will really need it. I"m no miner, but I don't think it's very wasy for a single person to "strike it rich" mining gold these days. You'd have better chances by playing the stock market or...I dunno, getting a job, or something.

7. cyclotronic

cyclotronic Diabloii.Net Member

Neo how old are you, and when did you realize your love of huffing paint?