Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Min/max sockets.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by NateTheBassGuy, Apr 11, 2008.

1. NateTheBassGuy

NateTheBassGuy IncGamers Member

Min/max sockets.

I know the maximum sockets for any "base" item are all listed on the Arreat Summit website, but is there a minimum number of sockets each type of item can have?

For example, will a Hydra Bow ever spawn with only 2 or 3 sockets? Or is there some sort of lower limit system in place that makes that impossible?

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

Re: Min/max sockets.

zero, or 1 if cube socketed or found with 1os

3. NateTheBassGuy

NateTheBassGuy IncGamers Member

Okay, so as a follow-up question, is it then, equally likely to have any number of sockets in there?

Like in the previous example, if I see a socketed Hydra Bow on the ground, there will be a 16.666...% chance that it has 6 sockets? And also 16.666...% chance that it has only 1?

4. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Yes.

When rerolling with a recipe, you also get a random amount of sockets from 1 to 6, with equal chances of spawning. If the item does not permit amount of sockets past a certain limit (ilvl is too low, or some "small" type of item, like a helmet), the higher rolls (4, 5, 6 in case of helmets) convert to 3 sockets. Thus, when rerolling helmet sockets, you have 2/3 chance of getting 3 sockets (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).

I dunno how it works with DROPPED items with a restricted amount of sockets, though. Hydra bows (max sockets 6) will have same chance on any amount of sockets, but I am not sure for, for example, Flails (5 max).