min/max ed% dmg bug

heyyou

Diabloii.Net Member
min/max ed% dmg bug

I understand the bug, I think, however i have a scenario where it might be ok to use.
I'm making a vlld jabber, and i found a 14max/12ed jewel. I have maxers in armor, and 20%ed's in shield. So, I need to fill my 3soc helm, and I have 3 basic 9maxers.
My question is, wouldn't using a 14max/12ed and 2 9's be better than 3 9's. The 14 max dmg would still count, correct, but the ed goes towards min dmg?
thx

droid

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: min/max ed% dmg bug

The way I understand it, the %ED does not apply to your weapon damage, but rather to the armors damage - ie, the +14 max. So you'd get 14 *1.12=15.68 (rounded to 16) bonus damage from the jewel...if I remember correctly :)

I would imagine for VLLD, when your damage is so low to begin with, %ED jewels are never going to be as good as +max jewels...

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

That's not what the bug is about, but how off-weapon %ed is applied. BTW, the game always rounds down, so 14 *1.12 will be 15.

To my knowledge, %ed/minmax jewels are bugged in a way that its %ed is applied only to mindmg if it has +maxdmg and vice versa. The bug doesn't apply to the sum your off-weapon%ed, only to the effect of the jewel, so it won't hurt if you have a jewel which happens to have %ed as well. It's still better than nothing.

heyyou

Diabloii.Net Member

That's not what the bug is about, but how off-weapon %ed is applied. BTW, the game always rounds down, so 14 *1.12 will be 15.

To my knowledge, %ed/minmax jewels are bugged in a way that its %ed is applied only to mindmg if it has +maxdmg and vice versa. The bug doesn't apply to the sum your off-weapon%ed, only to the effect of the jewel, so it won't hurt if you have a jewel which happens to have %ed as well. It's still better than nothing.
so, even though it's bugged in armor, a 14max/12ed jewel placed in armor will still do more dmg than a plain 14 maxer, correct?
thx

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

That's correct, to my knowledge... but don't nail me down on it :p