Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

military encryption

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by asdf, Feb 2, 2004.

1. asdf

asdf IncGamers Member

military encryption

just realized something. in ww2 they used natives americans to man the radios and the enemies couldn't figure out what the hell they were saying right?
    we need to get rappers there when the next war comes along.

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Too bad most of them are practically illiterate. And you'd have to find a way to get them to stop shooting each other long enough to get on the radio. Plus every time you got a transmission, you'd have to go through the message and weed out all the references to 'yo mama, 'hos', bling-bling, and whatnot to figure out what the message was. It would probably take too long.

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Hush you two. This is flamewar material here and I can smell the gas fumes right through my monitor.

4. asdf

asdf IncGamers Member

i am currently thinking of the -izzle thing that's been going on. still haven't really figured out how it works out

5. masterazn

masterazn Banned

the izzle thing is pretty lame IMO

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm being taken over by a powerful urge to ridicule wiggers.

7. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

A lot of the real rappers have some pretty good rhymes going in their songs. Freestylers also have quite a good amount of skill with words. Rappers are a hell of a lot smarter than you might think. These guys are running huge companies now, creating fashion lines, record companies, blah blah blah.

Criticizing their culture is probably just a reaction to how they are "corrupting" the white youth of America. We dont want our pure white kids turning into dirty little blackies, right guys?

8. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

That's a pretty big leap of an assumption for motive, Yaboosh. I just happen to hate ebonics. That's where I'm bringing in the illiteracy statement. I said nothing about race, but I have disdain for the 'rap culture' which glorifies mysoginy and violence. If it came off more general than that, I appologize, because that was not how I intended it, but calling us racists without any other proof than your misinterpretation of the statements made was uncalled for.

9. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

stupid white people, always tryin to stick their racism on me

10. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Just about everybody here knows you aren't being serious, Akkanha. But there's always bound to be a few people who are going to take exception to what you say. When it comes to Rap and the gangsta-lifestyle -- or whatever the hell you want to call it -- people who like that stuff are very defensive about it. Why? Don't ask, I have no clue.

I've seen discussions like this degrade into some nasty flamewars over silly misunderstandings. Blame it on the vagueness of posting on a message board I guess. I just don't want that to happen here. Save that stuff for a Hellfire thread. That way you know all flaming is justified. :fish:

11. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

I think the funniest thing is that Ive never heard a black person say shizzle.

Just snoop, but hes high and gets paid 78 bucks everytime he says it.

In reality its a conspiracy by black people to get us to stop stealing everything they come up with.

12. Njx

Njx IncGamers Member

Wow, this was the most pointless post I've ever seen around here. What are you trying to do? Start a flamewar? I don't understand why you even would post something like this, ridiculing a specific group of people. Good job on the stereotyping ******, I'm surprised that you don't even get warning for these kind of posts, its just like me posting about >insert stereotypical views here< and going half cocked and making fun of them. Pathetic.

13. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Hmm. Nothing about race, huh? I disagree. Even in jest, that's not really funny.

The reason being that you've used a word which is a bastardization of another positively hate-filled word. That's how I feel, anyway.

14. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Is it alright if a black guy says it?

15. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

We should encript messages in 1337 5p34k

16. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Eh, I wasnt going McCarthy on you. I was being purposely melodramatic.

Though it is an interesting thing. These guys are invading white culture to a pretty large degree. Girls love the hippity hoppity, and rap seems to have reached a saturation point seemingly similar only to the British invasion. Yet the black rappers have brought more cultural revolution with them. They are attempting to connect the ghetto with the middle class white kids. Something went wrong in the transition. The ghettoness reality was lost and all that was left was some fake glamour associated with the inner cities. The glorification of this stark reality has possibly made it worse for blacks. Their true status quo is stifled by the apparent status quo broadcasted by the visible blacks. The ghetto is now ghetto fabolous. The inner city is still a dump.