Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mid lvl kicker help plz

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by xxsteelxx, Mar 31, 2004.

1. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

Mid lvl kicker help plz

Im planning on making a mid lvl kicker ( prob lvl 63 as i beleive thats the lvl 4 the rares i want )

I know what ill use 4 skills and most of the gear but i have a few questions.
    I will be dueling mostly barbs and druids so i will go with claw/sheild.

1) What claw should i use to get fastest kick rate ?... I should have around a lvl 35 BoS

2) should i go 6 or 7 kicks? since its barbs and druid they shouldnt be running around alot

3) what lvl are uped gores ?

thx

2. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

lvl 35 BoS?? That definately seams like too much to me.

1) Best claw imo is tuk's with either a ber rune, or shaeled for extra speed.
    2) 7 is the cap on kicks I think. In either case you would be sacraficing alot of gear/skill points to get to that kick. Or is that where you are getting the lvl 35 bos from?
    3) uped gores is about level 72 or 73.

If you have +15 to skadow skills, you could always opt for dual claws and get weapon block to lvl 26 for 60% block.

3. xxsteelxx

2 ) ill have 10 martial arts gc with life to get kicks. Bos will come from duel +3 claws..+3 helm +3 gloves (i believe u can get these ) +2 or 3 skill ammy, +1 armour. All of which i will switch after i cast bos.

and i dont think the duel claw is an option 4 me. 99% of mid duelers are barbs and druids

4. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

99% are barbs and druids? you are so wrong. there are lots of kicksins, javazons, fohers, chargers, tele necros on UsEast Right here.

5. xxsteelxx

ur assuming i play east

6. 5zigen

5zigen IncGamers Member

you need 120ish Eias for 7/2/2/2/2/2 kicks. it might be 102%.

anyway with bartucs cut throat you need 55% ias with NO bos. i would say do yourself a favor and use fade instead, unless you wanna outrun guided arrows. Seeing as you will most likely be dragon flighting to get into kick range anyway.

and why would you want to go c/s for pvp over c/c. If you have +10 or so MA skills for 60% block you will have a fair advantage with claws over shields (fastest block FHR on stuff like tucs or JT, you can block magical projectiles, just to name a few reasons.)

7. xxsteelxx

wouldnt 75% block with sheild be better then 60% block with claws vs druids barbs and pallys?

8. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

there is that, but a good assassin dueler will play carefully enough so that they have the advantage.

One of the advantages of dual claw is that it doesn't get reduced because you are running sothats 60% block all the time. So long as you take care, and canget to level 26 weaponblock, that 15% blocking can be ignored. You DON'T want to give a barb/pally the advantage while in melee range. Both can drop your life pretty fast. And barbs can kill you in one hit from zerk.

9. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

I predict any duel vs a barb you get into will look vaguely like this :

DF-kicks-He starts concing-you kick.

Generally speaking, he will be losing less life than you over the same amount of time.

Otherway :

DF - kicks...attempted to zerk....kicks...attempted zerk...kick misses - zerk lands. You remake you're asn.

Basically it comes down to if you can get past his conc faster than he can get past your blocking. I don't believe this is a good build to attempt to kill barbs with, espescially since 1 good roll on a zerk you are most likely going to die.

10. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

If you want to duel druids, did you think abut fire res? Those fire claw druids are pretty dangerous... That's why I think you should be getting some fade too. Since you plan on getting most of your BoS from +3 shadow skills items, you should be able to gain a decent amount of Fade without loosing too many skillpoints. You could do the same with venom by the way (extra damage never hurts). Shadow master would also be pretty nice to have.

I think your level in BoS is far too high to be playable. Just try running around with lvl 32 BoS and you'll know what I mean. I'd cut down on the amount of points there, so you get decent run/walk, but not so much that acurately positioning your sin is still possible.

11. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

hmm the thing about a kicker at that lvl is with all your + shadow skills fade would be a very good choice, reason: 1% dr hidden per lvl. At lvl 36 thats 36% dr with a 14% string u have maxed dr. Wpns I'd say duel bartucs would work best shael the right one and your speed is great. Boots upgraded goblin toes/goreriders, helm guilliams, ammy w/e. You should be getting 6-7 kicks maybe even 8 from those + skills, basically I'd say max shadow master along with fade/dtalon and claw blocking(well enough to get 60% block). Reasons for this is vs a zealer/fury or multiple hit char then you have an extra tanker. Also when u tele on anything ranged sorc/trapper/zon you get instant attack to add to your dmg even if its only a 500 pvp dmg hit vs no dr that really adds up fast to your dmg. With all those skills ed jewels will not be vital but crushing blow still is which is why goblins would work great along with guilliams (60% crushing blow). Gloves would preferably be 20% ias +3 martial arts gloves. As for + shadow skills you can get helm/ammy/armor/rings/claws for casting stuff. If you have the rings that is, but most likely you'll get +3*2 from claws+3helm+3ammy+1 armor so +13 there. Anyways gl with your build.