Mid-Level Polearm Question

GargonCerlan

Diabloii.Net Member
Mid-Level Polearm Question

I'm making a polebarb, can't decide whether to use an insight, honor, obedience, crescent moon, or hwanins. I'm thinking that obedience and duress with gore riders, crafted blood gloves, guillame's face, and crafted blood belt would provide a nice mix of open wounds/crushing/blow. (My only arreats is currently upped so i wont be able to use it until almost the time I can use botd gp. Think this would work well for PvM? I do lack however PDR and resist gear, but I should have nearly 1500-2000 life during the middle levels that I'd be using this stuff and I believe I can stay alive without it. Would anyone recommend using the whole set to hwanins instead?

Thanks

GargonCerlan :drink: :buddies:

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i know polebarbs have it hard with weapon choices during mid level :p A shael Athena's Wrath Battle Scythe hits lwwp and doesn't have that steep dex req if left unupgraded. Perhaps that, set winged helm, gores and duress would be a nice combo. It gives you 65%cb. If you need pdr just use string+shaft and settle for 50%cb :p The other polearms u mentioned : insight, honor, obedience, crescent moon do not have enuff ias to hit lwwp on any polearm (-60 speed) A Hwanin polearm with shael does but i prefer the shael Athena's as its also a good mid lvl druid PvM weapon :p Until you craft a 10%cb gloves a pair of venomgrip would have to do i guess. Cheers :D

GargonCerlan

Diabloii.Net Member
What if I switched out the armors and such for 3 os helm of some sort with 3x 15 max jewels, and armor with 4x 15 max jewels, and grim scythe with shael 2x15ias/2ndmod ( i think i have a couple with some elemental resist or damge or something) and 3 hel runes? or bec de corbin with 3x shaels and 3x hels? I am trying not to invest points in dex, and athenas wrath seems a bit high at this stage in the game.

Any more thoughts on this?

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Well meeting req for weapns is one thing but those weapons mention do poor physical dmg and your kill/leech rate would be rather low. If you need dex and dun intend to pump into in just use ik gloves(l.31), ravenfrost (l.45) and non upped arreats (l.42) (or crown of theives) and this combo gives 60dex :D Athena's is 82 dex and 22dex is not hard to get by via other gear/charms (angelic ammy+ring gives 10dex) and besides hel rune could be used for unsocket recipe or if you find a godly rare weapon thats too heavy for merc hehe. Hoped i helped :D