Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mid Game gear?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dark Sword, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

Mid Game gear?

Ok so basically my question is this, i love zon and i know lots about them but usually what i once i hit lvl 25 is auto rush myself using D2 loader until i get to 45 which is where i can use most of my end game gear. But i have never used mid game gear so i was wandering what do you gusy use on your chars (any) as mid game gear????

2. sawm

sawm IncGamers Member

:scratch: :undecided:

3. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Does it really matter? At that level all monsters are easy enough so you can use almost anything. There's one exceptiona and that's 1.09 Raven Claw, unique long bow. Nothing comes even close to it for lvl 15-30 chars, it's just awesome.

BTW are you sure you aren't missing big part of game by rushing chars to lvl 45? That makes sense if you are rushing PvP chars, but for PvM that's more annoying than useful.

4. aluminon

aluminon IncGamers Member

I do not know exactly what "d2loader" is but it sounds like something that would not be acceptible if you interact with other characters in the community. You might want to check that out.

5. Phosheez

Phosheez IncGamers Member

oh no, I hope you didnt just 'pimp' a hack prog cause thats the kind of thing thatll get you banned. Sorry but, thread reported.

6. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

Well, people think that D2loader is a program that you get so you don't have to buy the game. But i did i just downloaded it so i could run 2 windows at once, and it's from what i know not a hack doesnt allow you to do anything other then run D2 without the cd and more then 1 window at a time. But yea it's ok for your concerns

7. Phosheez

Phosheez IncGamers Member

Oh alright. Sorry for jumping the gun there. However, be careful in the future and mentioning 3rd party programs. Other than that, Im not very familiar with zons equipment choices. There should be a guide in the stickies that could help you out with that. Good luck

8. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

D2 Loader is a program that will let you run Diablo2.exe from a non-legal CD, it's a way to bypass the lock on original diablo 2 cd's.

Mid game for bowazons are typically kuko shakaku, as nex posts, monsters in later normal and nightmare are not that hard to battle, even at p8. Kuko deals excellent damage for mid game.

For javazons it's really a matter of using good javelins, since all the damage come from the skill themselves, so +mana equipment (frostburn) or +skills equipment (for that level you can skin of the vipermagi, silks of the victor, a lore helmet, etc.) in order to bring your damage up.

Defensive equipment is not so needed for those levels since really monsters are not so hard and the damage delivered is not so high, +life, damage reduction, block and all that is needed in very late nightmare and hell difficulty, so you can whatever equipment for that (although +resist never hurt).

Also a tip: do not rush yourself, there's nothing like making your char little by little, seeing him/her getting step by step strong, and able to deal with whatever monster that steps in his/her way, also you get better playing skills in this way (ie, you are a better player)

9. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Getting from 25 - 45 isn't all that hard. I use an easy and quick method that I think most people would. Between levels 23-30, I enter act 5. Run straight to the first wp. Then use Shenk and eldritch on as high a /players as you can and run them. Eldritch will get you from level 30 to 35'ish fairly easily. Then skip most areas except those you have to and run baal (pl1)/lister(pl8 asap). Lister on 8 gives huge XP till level 43-44'ish. I do kill things that come up to me, but they're all generally too easy on normal.

As to items, Butcher's Pupil is my main weapon till hell (not amazon.) For amazon, Kuko's been said. Rares are quite common for me. Truthfully, I don't know what I wear at this level. Anything that I can really. I do look for nice resists and life though, but that's about it.

10. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

I don't know the D2loader, so I can't comment. (I'll try to find it, I might learn something new)

But if you have WinXP you actually do not need it, fast user switching is enough.

For other windows systems common usage here is/was a d2gfx.dll which also allows the game multiple times. (EDIT: with this dll you would still need the CD)

Randall

11. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

As others have said, you don't really need much in the way of mid level gear. By that time skills are powerful enough compared to the monsters. Some of the equipment I used for my Fishyzon when levelling:

- Skin of the Vipermagi - resists and +1 skills at level 29
    - Tarnhelm - +1 skills at level 15
    - Amulet +1 all skills / +1-2 a single skill tree.
    - Gothic plate with four flawless saphires - no mana problems from level 18
    - Any old javelin with replenish quantity on it.
    - Manald heal rings
    - Sigons shield, belt, boots & gloves - +str, 10% leech, +1 skill.

Other characters get similar equipment at these levels. Melee chars get a nice high damage weapon of course.

12. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian