Michael Jordan

Ace_wanderer

Diabloii.Net Member
Michael Jordan

A friend told me that Michael Jordan once slam dunked the hoop from the 3 point line. A while ago a person linked a picture to Michael Jordan jumping extremely high, looks like it could be from the 3 point line.

Can someone confirm if its true and maybe link me to a video clip?

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
No one has ever dunked from the 3-point line. The foul line is possible, but from behind the arc is just too far.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, it was the foul line. At a dunk contest. He was doin a throwback dunk, as Magic Johnson did it two years prior in 83.

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
No, Magic did not dunk from the free throw line. Julius Erving came CLOSE but his famous dunk was baseline and in a game. Jordan made the freethrow line a reality. After him about 5-6 other guys have done it (including a white guy).

Garbad

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I meant Julius, not Johnson. My b.

Speakin of dunk contests, you guys ever heard of Spud Webb? Really short guy, could hurdle a VW Bug. I think he won 2 contests.

Rius666

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's to you MJ *salutes His Airness*

I hope that his son will be able to become half the player he was. His son is playing high school ball now and is said to be pretty good. Of course if you dad is one of the best NBA players of all time you have a pretty good coach.

Rius666 said:
Here's to you MJ *salutes His Airness*

I hope that his son will be able to become half the player he was. His son is playing high school ball now and is said to be pretty good. Of course if you dad is one of the best NBA players of all time you have a pretty good coach.
i think his son has like a one meter ish vertical. O_O he's not one of the top prospects but still interesting to follow. i hope he goes to UNC. =p

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:
wasnt there one guy at some olimpic tournament who jumped OVER the defender to dunk ? taht must be creepy
Yeah, Vince Carter dunked literally over the head of 7'2" Frederick Weis of France. Google the video, it is awesome.

Garbad

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
Yeah, Vince Carter dunked literally over the head of 7'2" Frederick Weis of France. Google the video, it is awesome.

Garbad
The most impressive thing was that it was during an actual game. In other words, unrehearsed and unpracticed.

Echod16

Diabloii.Net Member
Clyde "The Glide" Drextler has dunked from a little past the foul line (behind it, that is)...i saw it in a video (NBA superstars 2 i believe)

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
No, watch the video. Breakaway dunk, vince charges at the rim and jumps. At first the frenchie tries to slide under him and take a blocking foul (more like a cheapass undercut, but meh). When he realizes he is about to get the nuts to the face treatment, he tries to turn his head and vince clears him. Completely insane.

Garbad

LoVePlAyBoY

Diabloii.Net Member
Garbad_the_Weak said:
No, watch the video. Breakaway dunk, vince charges at the rim and jumps. At first the frenchie tries to slide under him and take a blocking foul (more like a cheapass undercut, but meh). When he realizes he is about to get the nuts to the face treatment, he tries to turn his head and vince clears him. Completely insane.

Garbad
teabagged????

i'm currently at work so i can't really look at the video now, but i thought he did teabag him.

also theres carter threw the legs dunk at a contest.

if i knew there names i would bring up some dunks, but theres nice ones in the dunk contests. i'm not basketball fan :p