Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MFtastic

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by buttaz, Jun 25, 2005.

1. buttaz

buttaz Diabloii.Net Member

MFtastic

hi all, i been tryin to find a sorc build that can own at MF runs, without tons of crazy geer, i alredy have a lite sorc but it aint that good for MF, too brittle on NM. I was thinkin meteorb, or blizzard, which is better?

2. Superhal

Superhal Diabloii.Net Member

what's wrong with lightning? i'm making one right now, and she kicks serious butt in nm. i started her in nm at like lvl 32, and she kicks. her CL damage is currently around lvl 20 (after items) and does 1.3k cl, 1k lightning. i'm going to max lm, cl, L, and CB.

[edit] any sorc is fine, just go single tree and stick to it. i've done single tree in all three.

the best advice i can give is go for protection in eq, and ignore the fancy skills. wiz spike and ancient's pledge blows away eschutas and splendor in keeping you alive.

3. MagicMoron

MagicMoron Diabloii.Net Member

IMO beginning MF sorcs that are easiest to use are Blizz. You can moat Meph quite easily. Same goes with Fire sorcs and Meteor. Meteorb isn't a bad choice either.

4. IIDX

IIDX Diabloii.Net Member

blizz sorcs are the easiest/faster mfers, but each build has its advantages. If you kept your lightning sorc you can use it to "mf" for elite socktetables, easily traded for other items.

5. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed Diabloii.Net Member

if u just want to have the best killing power with little or no regard to safety, then blizz is the only choice. anything that is not cold immune will die very quickly (including those that are highly cold resistant but still not immune).

if you want something that doesnt die very often, yet very versatile and have decent killing power, then orb is a good choice (40 skills in your main spell and the rest are put into the defensive spells)

imho, the worst of the three elements untwinked is a light sork (although both are bad). this is because lightning drains your mana quickly, and a lot of monsters starting a3 are highly immune. and it doesnt even pack as much damage as fire.

oh, and about hals comment: lightning is good for up to a3 nm; after that you really get into some issues (a4 is terrible for light/fire, moreso for light i think because the non light-immune monsters are still highly light resistant, while the non-fire immune monsters are not).

6. buttaz

well thanx all, is there a good blizz or meteorb sorc guide i can find somewhere?

7. Drunken_Tiger

Drunken_Tiger Diabloii.Net Member

sasha had a good meteorb guide... dunno if sasha's still around though.

8. buttaz

well, i found a nice blizz guide, and i gess im going for that. thanx againj all.

9. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

sasja's (not sasha ;)) Meteorb guide is in the Sorceress Guide Library...

10. buttaz

yeh i read it, im gonna do meterorb now, sasja makes it sound soo sexy ;)