SnakeEye85

Diabloii.Net Member
Serdash said:
Hrm...

Sorry. I seem to be one of the few that are getting impatient. :lol:

*sits back and waits*

ure not!

can we get a update?

i know it must take lots of time so sorry for asking...

Mr_McGee

Diabloii.Net Member
Booya I'm sorry I have to say this but if you offer to take responsibility of a tournament like the MFO you have to be able to post updates/check in on a fairly regular basis (once a day absolute minimum IMO). Its been three days since the competition ended and we havent gotten the final standings yet. Sorry if this seems a bit harsh but I can sense that most people in the competition are getting pretty impatient.

Boddah_khan

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree. It's been over 24 hours since you said you'd post the results "in an hour." I realize it's a lot of work getting the winners sorted out, but if it's that much of a problem you should have gotten someone to do it for you or help you with it. If the results aren't posted by the time I check this forum tommorow , I think I'll just drop it. Still hoping you get the results in! Cheers!

SincereX13

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess we try and sort out the winners ourselves, I'll give him until tonight before I start trying to figure out some of the winners... Anybody volunteer to figure out the Pindle and Meph winners cuz I'll do the Baal and Act5 categories?

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
everyone keeps their items :)
or another individual can look at all the posts but jeez, who has that much time on his hands.. maybe borlag :teeth:

Mr_McGee

Diabloii.Net Member
SincereX13 said:
I guess we try and sort out the winners ourselves, I'll give him until tonight before I start trying to figure out some of the winners... Anybody volunteer to figure out the Pindle and Meph winners cuz I'll do the Baal and Act5 categories?
If I have time tonight I'll do it.

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
While you're at it can you count the total Mighty Sceptre drops compared to the total Hydra Bow drops?
Cheers.

zappa_san

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I say that we should give Booya a chance maybe he has a serious problem which is preventing him from sorting out this complication. (Maybe I'm just saying that because I'm not in contention ;) )

On a different note, I must argue that things are not as they used to be - these MFlympics were not nearly as competitive or driven as any of the previous - where people almost urged each other on to the last minute... Maybe MF has gotten a bit easy in 1.10.

buster

Diabloii.Net Member
zappa_san said:
On a different note, I must argue that things are not as they used to be - these MFlympics were not nearly as competitive or driven as any of the previous - where people almost urged each other on to the last minute... Maybe MF has gotten a bit easy in 1.10.
I have to agree with you. I was very disappointed in this MFO, especially with it being the first one since 1.10 came out. It seems like a least half the participants either dropped out or just disappeared and never even posted. In fact reading the forum during the contest it was hard to tell the MFO were going on, with the MFO thread even dropping off the first page at times. Maybe the game has just been around too long to generate enough interest anymore. I notice a lot of regulars starting to get bored with it. Could this be the last MFO? :hanky:

Thrugg said:
While you're at it can you count the total Mighty Sceptre drops compared to the total Hydra Bow drops?
Cheers.
in pindle its a amazing 1-0 (i think) to mighty scpeter, wow, a incredible landslide nd conclusive evidence that it flawed....

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
buster said:
I have to agree with you. I was very disappointed in this MFO, especially with it being the first one since 1.10 came out. It seems like a least half the participants either dropped out or just disappeared and never even posted. In fact reading the forum during the contest it was hard to tell the MFO were going on, with the MFO thread even dropping off the first page at times. Maybe the game has just been around too long to generate enough interest anymore. I notice a lot of regulars starting to get bored with it. Could this be the last MFO? :hanky:
This was the first MFO I ever took part in, and I must admit this wasn't what I expected :( At first it seemed good, nice amount of competitors and so on, but so many of them didn't post any findings, I don't even know if they did any runs. I lost my interest during the MFO quite completely because it seemed only very few really was interested in it. Im pretty sure I would have done a bunch more runs but we just didn't have MFO atmosphere, it was just normal MFing and therefor not so interesting.

But this game isn't dying yet, many players have found this game just a while ago. But the "problem" is that they all go to Bnet, almost every guy I know went straight there and didn't even try SP first (or ever).

1.10 is also harder, so fewer people have viable MF chars on hell difficulty. Also it seems quite many people hate MFing which is the greatest thing in this game imo.

I really hope this wasn't the last MFO

PS. Maybe Booya wasn't the best person to arrange MFO, but this is not his fault. Im sure he did his best, so thanks to him for that

th bnet conversion is getting worse as more and more peopel now have broadband or faster-than-dial-up connection, so can do more onlin games. when diablo 2 was realised, 56k was the norm, amny peopel were still 28.8k.

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
It is kinda sad that now many new games are online-based, you won't get full gaming experience without playing with other people. I don't know why it is so, I often find playing alone much more fun and rewarding. For example I bought Half-Life to play Counter-Strike online, but I didn't like it at all that way, I rather played alone against bots every now and then.

I just don't like the idea that I am forced to play online, in every game you'll find lots of idiots and cheaters there

Maybe im just weird freak who hates every living creature, but I don't think so

btw this thread is going OT this way, sorry for that :teeth:

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
I find everyone is being a little hard on booya, his abscence could be explained by many things.

He was attacked by a band of black belt ninjas as he was sitting at his computer on the verge of declaring the winners.

He actually has a life unlike many of us :innocent:

He's letting the suspence build until you can't take it anymore and you just snap, going berserk you smashing your computer in the process, destroying the items you found which will in turn disqualify you and make it easier for booya to figure out the winner :lol:

SincereX13

Diabloii.Net Member
I here you Spook, but its really not the suspense that is getting to me, its the fact that I have some nice items that I would like to ID and then add to my grail so that I can move on w/ things.

And yes, this was the least intense of the MFO here at the SPF. The problem was that we didn't have enough dedicated MF'ers this time around. I know that when Olympics were held at a different forum about two months ago the winner of the lvl85 area won by finding both a unique Unearthed Wand and Archon Staff... If things stand right now I may win w/ my lowly Reedemer and second place may not even be close. It's all about dedication folks... Buster showed some serious dedication and so did some others but not enough to make things really competative.

Dolph

Diabloii.Net Member
Spook_Cell said:
I find everyone is being a little hard on booya, his abscence could be explained by many things.

He was attacked by a band of black belt ninjas as he was sitting at his computer on the verge of declaring the winners.

He actually has a life unlike many of us :innocent:

He's letting the suspence build until you can't take it anymore and you just snap, going berserk you smashing your computer in the process, destroying the items you found which will in turn disqualify you and make it easier for booya to figure out the winner :lol:
Dont insult the ninja, one ninja would certainly be enough.

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't underestimate booya either I'm sure he knows that everyone participating in the MFO are counting on him and only a BAND therefore many ninjas could subdue him.