Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MFL Week one Matches

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DougTheHead2, Mar 23, 2005.

1. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

MFL Week one Matches

Schedule taken down temporarily. Scroll down for updated brackets.

Went through other MFL threads, and people who expressed interest but who did not sign up in the thread were

Tweety
    Cauthon
    Shadolupin
    Slartibartfest
    Ischade

Their are currently 5 byes, with 7 possible ones if me and ron drop our 3rd again.

@corax: you never said what 2 characters you were going to play, I just missed your post when goingn through thread.

I will post a revised version maybe when I wake up. If anyone on that lists decides on a char, please post, it is not too late yet.

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

Can't help but notice the absence of me. I'm pretty sure I signed up

Ah well next time. Good luck everyone. becareful of bye he's a duper ;)

3. DougTheHead2

I only went through the signups thread. If you tried to enter before that, I didn't see you. However, I will go and get those names. Also, I will definitely add you in, until I can't edit that its still open ;)

EDIT: got you in there, corax. Please do say what their names/builds are soon. I had not entered ricerestoni either as he wasn't in the entry forms thread. All is getting worked out, its what the first week is extra long for. =D

4. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

so... where are they? :D

''Mil & Sam''

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

will be back when he wakes up. pffft sleep

alright for my 2 characters i'd like to enter

lvl 90 Sorc, Shiva
    Lvl 1(so far) MF Barb, Unnamed

6. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Can I just clarify something?
    Basically we run anywhere we want to and the one with the best item wins the round be it charm/jewel/rare/set/unique?

7. DougTheHead2

Basically, thats all there is to it. The only important thing is to remember to not go over your 2 hour limit. I think that gold you find during your running can be used for gambling, which in turn can be used for your best item! We'll see.

So, quick rules update for those who wanna know: These are your matchups. Each competitor will MF two hours, where at the end the best item from the (hopeful) stashful of goodies is entered into a results thread, which will be created on 3-29. Report your goodies that Tues/Wed/Thurs, and the results will get sent to judges. I will pick 4 bodies and email it to them. I personally will be the 5th judge every week, as I can always count on my ballot to be returned. ;) The prize will indeed be a trophy, and I think the winner will like it. =P

Below is the new brackets. THere are 2 byes left, if anyone still wants in, PM someone with a buy and see if they are willing to play the week out, and you can get in. I myself kept a bye, so there is at least 1 sure spot open if someone tells me I need to play it out.

8. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

/searches for Decoder glasses to try and see these mysterious brackets :D. Did I miss something?

9. DougTheHead2

OK, here are the corrected brackets. Feel free to post an "objectives received" below so I can be sure people are seeing these. I would ask to keep your best find to yourself until the item find thread result is created. I went ahead and threw Shadolupin in, if he doesn't show just remember, you had a bye anyway. ;)

Harrogath Region
    ----------------------
    Masas (Ioko) vs Shadolupin (zealot)
    FodderCannoned (Ginger) vs Gabriel74 (Gabriel)

chicagofan1 (Kahleil) vs shermo (hammerdin)
    DXCrawler (Snowy_Ploppy) vs mad.as.a.meataxe (Kiara)

jjscud (Dara) vs FodderCannoned (Druid)
    Cattelya (Anala) vs stormlash (Makoy)

DriveC (Hammerz) vs Corax (Shiva)
    Hrus (Viraya) vs necrolemming (Marissa)
    ===================================================

Kurast Region
    ------------

Sint Nikolaas (Meteorb) vs Cormallon (Gilad)
    loverat (Ratalicious) vs ricrestoni (Fer)

Masas (Swiss_Cheese) vs SuperSavage (GoD-Like)
    shermo (blizz/fb) vs Shadolupin (trapsin)

JihadJesus (Jamaica) vs Nobo (Mariella)
    Iliana (Fainne) vs DougTheHead2 (Patty)

OCAU_MIKLE (Hammermikle) vs fartingbob (Helanthic)
    ron (Charsis_lover) vs ricrestoni (Kanat)
    =====================================================

Tristram Region
    --------------

mad.as.a.meataxe (Jezebel) vs Corax (MF barb)
    Cormallon (Ro-Mura) vs ron (Spudz)

factory (Katzenjammer) vs OCAU_MIKLE (blizzMikle)
    loverat (Spiffy) vs Doug (Kleavuj)

FodderCannoned (Thanatos) vs bye
    Corrupted (Rose) vs jjscud (ShieldMaiden)

Masas (Windruid) vs DriveC (Thrustmaster)
    nobo (Nocturon) vs shermo (blizz)
    ====================================================

Lut Gholein Region
    ---------------
    chicagofan1 (Minsc) vs ron (HammerSpammer)
    stormlash(Spellshaper) vs greenmind (Zodd)

JihadJesus (ElectricLady) vs sunbearie (Catte-brie)
    SuperSavage (Supersorc) vs shadolupin (Hammerdin)

Cattleya (Phoenix) vs fartingbog (Thiblen)
    Hrus (Hecathe) vs ricrestoni (Prise)

loverat (Slappalore) vs poopie_pants (Aragoryn)
    DougTheHead2 (Rathe) vs bye
    ====================================================

JUDGES FOR WEEK ONE WILL BE:

Doug
    jjscud
    ron
    factory
    Cormallon

If you feel you would be unable to judge, post or PM me, I'll find another. I'll PM/email you the results to be voted on.

10. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Allright, two question though, you put me in the kurast region which means I can run anything in act 3 right? Also, I listed that I could run anything, does this mean I'd probably run somewhere else next round? Just to clarify :)
    I'll run this weekend somewhere, I got a long weekend so it'll be good.

''Mil & Sam''

11. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

I am still interested, and following what's going on. But I'm on vacation for the next two weeks, and will probably not have access to a computer for much of that. So I'll be there for round two, provided my cheif MF character doesn't die in the meantime.

12. DougTheHead2

@ Sint : The region names do not mean anything. There is no restriction on how/where you run. I just thought it was fun to name the regions. It is kinda helpful since I could not post bracket-like graphics. You know who you are up against next, like the winner of the match above/below you.

@ Cauthon: That sounds ok, but I need a char name/build to enter. If you miss week one but want to play, you ll just start off in the lower bracket with one loss already.

13. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

Sorry, I didn't use good language in my post. As I understand the schedule you're laying out, I would not be around for both round 1 and round 2 of this first season of the MFL (I'm on holidays until the 11th of April), so participating this season is out. I would be up for a second season.

14. DougTheHead2

Ok, look forward to seeing you there!

15. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I don't understand how this will work and when we can do our 2 hours. Maybe it's because there are 3 separate threads already and I am lost. And you want to post another thread weekly? I don't see a reason for it. I think there could be only one thread with Finalized rules in first post and brackets in the second post for 1st season of MFL.

1) When the week for this round of MFL starts and when it ends (including timezone thing)?
    2) How do we have to post our results exactly?
    Should we post "I am going to begin my 2h session just now" and post our best found item 2 hours later? Or just post only results. (That would be nice if the result thread contain only 1 post for each character - the jury will have easier work then). How will be threads for MFL organized?
    3) Are we allowed to state runes as a challenge item? (Runes are easy to dupe) I recommend not to allow them.

I am looking forward to start of MFL.
    Salutes to Necrolemming (hmmm that will be tough)
    Salutes to Ricrestoni (That will be tough too, but at least he is not that far from me at Grail table)

16. DougTheHead2

Hi Hrus. Ok, I guess I haven't made completely clear the rules (though I tried my balls off to). All you have to do is MF any 2 hours. Pick'em, just do it in the next week. The round starts whenever brackets are up, and ends when the results are in. It really is as simple as can be kept.

About runes... if anyone would cheat, i would love to know why. There is nothing at stake here but pride, and how could you take pride in cheating? I am not too worried about cheating, I have the entrants list and I am sure of 95% of entrants.

About the number of threads... I will try to condense this stuff into fewer threads. I am just not sure how yet. I could have one thread that is always brackets, and one thread thats always results... its just that deadlines are important and putting the date beside the new thread I think would help recognition of "hey, i need to go do my mfing!"

EDIT : Xorcer has been entered into slot 63, which is my bye for round 1. The only bye left is FodderCannoned's, so if you are late and want in, contact him and see if he will play the round, and then post here if so.

17. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Oh man! How am I supposed to compete against this! Seems that Kiara should go through the first round automatically until AE/Krem can check the legitness of DX's items :D

18. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Can someone please clarify the timelimit for the first round. I'm headin away for easter, but will be back on tuesday (monday for most of you), and can probably get my runs done wednesday night. Will this be acceptable?

19. DougTheHead2

A results thread will be created on 3/29 and will take posts until 3/31, so you do indeed have time to do them Wednesday night. I am going to reorganize how threads work, so there will be a constant one for brackets and one for results, so we can get it stickied in the tourneys and we can bookmark'em.

20. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I take objection to that name.
    Anyway, cattleya and OKAU, prepare for a beating.:cool: