Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MFing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by zirilion, May 12, 2005.

1. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

MFing

well i can run baal in hell easily with my sork but i never get anything good out of baal
    im lvl 89 595% mf is there anything i can do about it that will help me mf?
    it doesnt take long but i still dont find anything good (only good was a shako and that was in night :p)

for da mods can you plz make a separate mf thread cause lots of people want to find stuff out and some of which is said before and it takes too lond to scroll throught everything. and if it actually exists can you stick a link to it here so that i know where it is

TY. :D

2. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

I stick to the pit and the ancient tunnels mostly for my mfing.

If memory serves me, at one time there was a sticky, or it could be I have smoked too many left handers. :lol:

You could also try the crypt and mausoleum to either side of Blood Raven.

3. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Actually, even with 100000000000000000000000 Mf, if the game forbids, you still won't be able to find anything good. However, even with 0mf, if the game is in a good mood, you COULD find tyreals out of baal. MF merely increases the probability of something that dropped becoming a magic/set/unique item. I'm sure theres someone out there that will put it waaaay better than I can.

4. phool

phool IncGamers Member

mausoleum :D

5. exhibit_a

exhibit_a IncGamers Member

Which is why people run bosses. They can only drop magic stuff (I believe) so with MF, your chances go up for getting uniques and sets.

That said, the best stuff I have found has been from chests (Lycander's from a chest in durance 3..gotta love it).

MF is an art, not a science. It requires patience and a high tolerance for boredom. If it gets borning in one area, go somewhere else. There is no magic MF bullet.

I have areas I do when the boredom gets real bad. Flayer Jungle and the flayer dungeon being one, glacial trail..you name it. .. There are plenty of areas to MF in, no need to just run the big guys all the time.

I even run just outside the fortress in act 4. Then again, I start stacking on MF with the first chippie topaz I find, or with Arctic belt and armor. (I've found gull and nagels in norm act 1)

Running Kurast(s) and flipping chests is also a good boredom beater. Good drops, good runes and lots of gems..

6. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

my MF runs are all in nightmare at the moment.

act 5 wp #2, kill the super unique that is 2 teleports to the left, then go down and kill shieck

act 3 trav - kill counsil
    act 3 meph - kill meph

act 1 andy - kill andy

act 4 river of flame - kill diablo (sometimes)

act 5 last wp - kill everything in lvl 2-3 and sometimes baal (all depends on what are the guest monsters in act 5 are)

all on my sorc who is currently lvl 76. I do the following runs in nightmare because nightmare andy has the best chance to drop a SoJ, excpet i've never gotten a SoJ from her... i've gotten a SoJ from counsil, and meph... i've gotten 3 gheeds from andy, most uniques worth keeping from meph.

I do diablo because all the raven/dwarf rings i've ever found was while i was in the chaos sanc, and so many monsters that are easy/fast to kill = better for their lvl and drops are quite nice.

-------------

once i get to act 5 hell, i plan on shieck, pindle, meph, and andy... but since i'm a cold sorc with so little in any other ele, i have to solo slowly, or get a rush, or get help for each act. I'm currently stuck in act 2 in hell with 50+ all res at lvl 76 -_-

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Bosses have different bonuses to their Unique, Set, Rare, and Magic drops. The fact that their Magic drops have a bonus that forces all items to be at least magical does not affect their chance to drop Uniques, Sets, and Rares.

If you want to delve into how magic find works with boss drops more, check this link out.

8. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

talking about the crypts the tunnels well i did them about 10 times in a row and still nothing
    the best drops iv ever had were out of andy and mephi but people online keeps on saying that baal is best -- but why?
    if the drops are so rare then whats the point of running him as well as killing cold immu lister from time to time

9. Rehsa

Rehsa IncGamers Member

hell baal has the highest monster level in the game, thus he is pretty much the only one who can drop certain items (except for some other high lvl uniques/monster)

that is why people kill him. if meph dropped every item in game, no one would do baal... but because he drops items meph/andy in hell cannot drop, that is why he's hunted and why his GCs are also sought out because those GCs have the highest item level since baal is the highest monster lvl.

10. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

Just look at it this way.. your chances of finding those really good items are slim to none.. and slim is on his way out the door. If you MF for an hour and Joe just started MFing 3 minutes ago.. you still have really close to the same odds of finding "the good stuff." don't get mad if you can't find those great items.. it just takes patience abd luck.