MFing with....

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
MFing with....

Im trying to decide which sorc is beter for mfing. a blizzard or meteor sorc. does anyone have any advice on which one is more effective for mfing?

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
chickenhed said:
Im trying to decide which sorc is beter for mfing. a blizzard or meteor sorc. does anyone have any advice on which one is more effective for mfing?
I'd say it depends on what areas you want to run primarily. BTW don't take my advice because I have neither one of those. :) I think I generally hear much better things about blizzard from the people that have those types.

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
Tarr said:
I'd say it depends on what areas you want to run primarily. BTW don't take my advice because I have neither one of those. :) I think I generally hear much better things about blizzard from the people that have those types.
I mainly like to do hell baal and meph runs. I obviously run pindle and the pit once in a while, but I'm not sure how good the sorc is at pit runs.

Toppo

Diabloii.Net Member
chickenhed said:
I mainly like to do hell baal and meph runs. I obviously run pindle and the pit once in a while, but I'm not sure how good the sorc is at pit runs.
Cold Sorcs (Blizzsorcs) usually run The Ancient Tunnel and Pindle (and Cows). Baal & Pit runs are not that good if you go pure cold.

IMO: Blizz >>>> MeteOrb

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
The general opinion is that you can get most items most efficiently from meph and pindle. With that in mind I think the blizz sorc performs better with those two targets.

I wouldn't say either is hands down better but for efficency in getting the most items I think its blizz sorc. Of course, A blizz/Fireball sorc is a bit more versitile (I'm guessing, mine's pure blizz) but would still be extremely efficent.

Blizz sorcs are teh gosu schnizzle. great for pindle, mephy and ancient tunnels, although pure blizz sorcs struggle in other areas with immunes, i have a blizz/FB sorc, and her blizz can kill almost as quick as a pure one could, but a have a bit in fireball which is enough to get me past CI's.

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a quick question, does no one use a CL/FO sorc like me anymore?

@chicken: I'd probably say blizzard, but I've never used one so I don't know all the facts.

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
chickenhed said:
my blizz sorc is the most efficient mf chr i have. although my windy druid is safer he doesnt have the same killing speed.
if you want to run baal and pits though you are gonna need a strong tanking merc, who can kill cold immunes fast.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
ahcw said:
Probably not, but then, nobody uses an orb/firewall sorc like I do anymore either.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a sorc that uses both metoer and blizz with about 12k meteor and 1k blizz and that tears through pits and meph. My blizz sorc eats cows, and I have yet to find a char that can run baal. IMO anything will do fine against pindle.

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Immunes aside, IMHO blizzard simply kills faster than meteor, fireball, or frozen orb.

ahcw said:
I'm pretty sure sint does MF with one.

stormlash

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizzard is good for running Meph and Pindle. Meteorb is better for running areas like The Pitt. A Meteorb is what I use simply cuz Meph and Pindle are as boring as hell.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member
If MF is the only thing in mind, IMO any strong sorc will do.

I'm working on an underpowered socr, will see how effective she can MF.

I guess no one MF with tri-elemental sorc.