MF'ing the Pits

themachine

Diabloii.Net Member
MF'ing the Pits

Everyone always claims the Pits to be the best place for MF'ing. I have simply found the Pits to be, well, the pits. I never find anything worthwhile there save maybe a mfsc or something. I never get uniques or set items popping there. The best place I have found for MF'ing is still World Stone Keep. I get more from all the monsters than I ever do from even Baal. My MF is roughly 500% and all Baal drops is plain old magic items, no charms, usually magic katars or sashes or crap like that. Once in a blue moon he might drop Isenharts case or some garbage like that but thats it. Im never gonna find anything good.

kuafu

Diabloii.Net Member
I do not believe that hell baal will not drop uniques frequently with 500MF. If you can take some time and record all the set/unique items you get from baal in 50-100 baal runs, you should notice that it's 0.5+ unique item for each run on average.
As for the pits, people run it for high-value items, not for high-rarity items. Most people use pits as a place to find socketable, jewels, pgems, etc. that can sell for a good price. If you want to find Tyrael's Might, it's just rare no matter where you go.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah if you hunt down there for a couple months, you WILL be rewarded. I got a Lo rune in there once, Evrae here got a nice Griffons, Rykuss got 2 20s CoAs.
Just patience FTW.

BLOK45

Diabloii.Net Member
I found there CoA and almost perfect Death's Fathom, which I sold for 5-6 HRs... don't remember.
Big mistake, should've kept it for myself! :(

sunflowersmooth

Diabloii.Net Member
I love the pits, although I enjoy wsk equally as much. I found ik armor in wsk, and yesterday I found a SOJ in pits after like 15 mins of playing. Not to mention a pretty sweet 12 ed non socketed dusk.

Great socketables there and once in awhile a pretty sweet unique. If definetely takes some time tho.

BLOK45

Diabloii.Net Member
@TurbulentTurtle:

Used my barb for runs. MF as follows:

Enigma..................92%
Chanceguards.........40%
War Travelers.........46%
Nagelring................30%
Nagelring................29%
Gheeds..................40%
1 sc........................5%

I also use 2 ali babas on switch for horking, but I'm not sure if I used them when I found CoA and DF.

Almost forgot most important thing. I did the pits in 7-8 player games. That's the key to success! :) More players in game - better drops.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
More = better.
My guys never wear any MF gear, so I guess that's why I can't find anything.
Max I've ever had was probably 250, and that was in 1.09 when the best gear for sorcs was MF gear.

hardnfast

Diabloii.Net Member
So far this season I have had some good finds in the pits eg:Arachnid mesh, tals armor, ohm, mal, CoA (22/10/1:) however I wouldn't want to count how many runs I have done. Interestingly last night I did some pit runs and after not having found even a white berserker axe for months I had three 2 socket zerkers drop.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
To really make the pits profitable, you have to quit school. Don't let anyone tell you it's more important than Diablo.

rykuss

Banned
Usufruct said:
To really make the pits profitable, you have to quit school. Don't let anyone tell you it's more important than Diablo.
The same applys to a job/career as well. :grin:

@the OP-The pit takes many runs to see results. My biggest finds though, have been with zero MF. Well most of them. :tongue: My hammerdin did find the Mang Song's but the COA's were found with zero MF. I run it with all kinds of chars, not just a MF char. Stick to the WSK if that's your thing, not everyone likes the same thing. :wink3: