Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MFing Solo-Skellemancer (how to)

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by exportforce, Sep 7, 2006.

1. exportforce

exportforce IncGamers Member

MFing Solo-Skellemancer (how to)

I read some guides about skellemancers and there are incedibly humongous big ones out there, but though they are huge, and full of options because a Skellemancer can, as far es I read, very various.
    So I wanna hear from some ppl wich already have soloed (this is important for me, because I seldom have someone with me, even in hell.

I even read that, if you skillout the Skelles you could even Solo Hell alone, is that right?

So I am going to max Raise Skelle, Skelle Mastery and Summon Resistance.
    But what about the rest?
    Okay, decrepify will get a point too, as far as I read it can be useful agains one or two bosses.

But on the rest, everyone sais other things, but what could be really useful for an soloing mfing skellemancer ?

thx in advance

edit: if I have some +mf%, will the skelles get them as well ????

2. Wulfgar79

Wulfgar79 IncGamers Member

I've been using a fishymancer to mf for a while now- maxing skeleton and skeleton mastery with one or two points in summon resist should provide you with durable enough skeletons to solo hell (provided some +skill equipment). I'm on the poor side of things, but I still manage level 29 skeletons while mfing and they tank Hell WSK easily. The most critical things for a skeleton user (in my opinion) are having a nasty CE radius and a merc with plenty of crushing blow (for taking down Baal quickly).

As far as skills, 1-2 points in decrepify is a must for wrangling Baal as is a point in Clay Golem. The combined slowing effects of both absolutely nuke any offensive abilities of any act boss and make it so your minions essentially beat up a target who is too slow to effectively fight back.

With your extra skill points, you can essentially do whatever you want, however, I would not reccomend maxing summon resist as the return per point expenditure becomes minimal after about 5 points. In any case, happy hunting!

3. jag

jag IncGamers Member

All minions and merc have your mf% - if merc is wearing any mf gear his kills get your mf + his mf.

1 point clay golem, 1 point golem mastery (adds alot of life to golem) is helpful. The 'slows target' along with decrepify will make baal all but stand still for you.

As said before, dont add too muchto summon resist - if you check arreats you will see it has severe diminishing returns at higher levels.

High level CE is very helpful especially in wsk to take out those large packs.

Take advantage of other curses too. Amp on just about everything for physical immunes and speed up killing. Use attact/confuse to control nasty packs. Dim vision very handy on the black souls.

If you practice using different curses, you can stay safe even with minimal armor/resistances allowing you to wear more mf.

4. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

I'd say only 1 pt in summ resist. Even if you only have +3 skills, it will surely be enough.

You dont mention revives...I say 1 pt in revives is a must. I personally have a L17 revive with mine! They rock! Imagine 17 urdars flailing away. Without nigma they are a little annoying in their stupidity, but for running meph and baal and big D, and end areas, they really have no where to go get lost so they are useful.

1pt in clay is essential. I personally went with 1 pt in Iron golem, just for flavor. If you come across some nice items (that would otherwise be useless in trade) you can make a cool golem out of them i.e. IK maul

4-5 pts in CorpseEx is a good investment. Its going to be about the only 'attack' u will have...without bonespear/spirit which needs lots of +skills and synergies to be useful. Amp damage and CE will kill most of a pack. I'm convinced that its just about the best skill in the game.

I put 1 pt in all curse except lower resist. The ones I use most often are amp, decrep, and attract...which is a hugely underused curse. Cast it first on a hapless pack monster and watch his 'friends' attack him...instead of your minions. Then amp them all...I especialy like to cast attract on skelleton archer packs to keep them shooting at each other until my minions can fight their way to them. Confuse is a great curse too, but U cant use amp with that one going. Dim vision will serve dutifully until u get attract.

For kicks, I put 1 pt in bone armor, bone wall and bone prison...although I havent used any of them besides bone armor.:scratch: I'm sure I'll prison something...someday.

Hope that helps

5. Lexur

Lexur IncGamers Member

I would recommend(My build...):

20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Corpse Explosion

20 Skeletal Mage or 20 Golem Mastery (For a nice iron golem, like insight)
    I prefer mages, golems die sooner or later.

All other skills in the summon tree gets one point.

One point in every curse. I use lower resist in baalruns with many sorcs, trappers, javas.

For bosses you need some crushing blow, revive som urdars and kill mephisto in seconds...

Anyway, the thing that makes my skellimancer truly awesome is the maxed Corpse Explosion(32 with +skills) + Insight on merc. :jig:

It's great for magic finding and you will spam so much you don't have time to cast amp.

6. exportforce

Ok, though I am from germany I don't get all here through some names and shorts. But I'll try.
    I think I go on:

20 Skelleton Mastery
    20 Raise Skelleton
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Golem Mastery
    6+? Summon Resistance
    1 Teeth
    5+ Corpse Explosion
    1+ Bone Armor
    4+ Amplify Damage
    1 Weaken
    5 Iron Maiden
    1+ Life Tap??? (useful?)
    1 Terror
    1 Decrepify

This leaves me on 68 Points and should be, as far as I combined all the start until I get 68, or am I misstaken ?

7. garion

garion IncGamers Member

heres my really simple minimum to solo hell wiht realative easy....

20 skele mastery
    20 skeles
    1 revives
    1 mages *option to max later if you wish
    1 clay golem
    1 golem mastery
    1 corpse explode
    1 decrep
    1 amp

thats it and all rhe prereqs thats 47 skill points (youll have to add pre reqs too) that leaves a great dea l of versatility....

in anycase a few key items to get

if you're poor: get an act 1 merc with runeword bow 'edge" this will produce an aura thorns...with amp dmg and thorns you can tear andy/diablo/mephy in less than a min...20 secs if you have good gear...each hit they take on your skeles..inflicts like 1/8 dmg on themselves...it just creams melee opponents..and is uber cheap to make....

also make sure you grab the "arm of king leoric" and "homunculus"... beyond that you're pretty much set....perhaps make spirit runeword shield and weapon if you really can't get your hands on those uniques....

well there you are voila..a char that can solo hell with a great deal of safety

8. exportforce

hmm I was told to get a Act2 with offensive aura to boost my skellies

edit: about the runewords...
    I never did those... could you tell me wich runes I need ? ^^

9. garion

garion IncGamers Member

10. garion

garion IncGamers Member

i forgot to add...its also nice if you gamble to hold the "edge" bow (for a 15% discount) and hava 15% gheeds to save you 30% per purchase =)

but mainly you want the "edge" runeword or the thorns aura to cream melee opponents

11. exportforce

Wait... comeback...
    wha what about that discount???
    Never heard of it Oo

12. garion

garion IncGamers Member

oh the discount..as long as you're holding the bow in your hands...with gheeds in your inventory..you get a 30% off anything you buy in the game..its really worth it when gambling for some awesome items to make your money last...

13. deademon

deademon IncGamers Member

meh i max sr bc...i didnt know where else to effectively put my pts...anything in a bone skill is worthless without maxing more than one...same goes 4 poison...mages are ok...same goes 4 revives...so right now i got 73 res on all my minions...i walk through anything in hell...

with all my +to skills
    49rs
    48sm
    48sr..i think
    20 amp
    38 ce....the radius is godly...as big as the lvl 20 amp radius
    a couple of pts extra in clay to raise the % like by 1 or 2...

and i do very well in hell...i walk through it like it was normal...

14. exportforce

If you now tell me what you wrote I would be happy xD
    I can't do anything with rs, sm (dirty boy you are *lol) etc.
    I am German and here anything has other names and even here I don't get the shorties for the skills, runs, weapons, runes etc. ^^

15. Mildayvin

Mildayvin IncGamers Member

• RS = Raise Skeleton
    • SM = Skeleton Mastery
    • SR = Summon Resist
    • amp = Amplify Damage
    • CE = Corpswe Explosion

My own personal build, as at level 72:
    20 Raise Skeleton
    10 Raise Skeleton Mage*
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    1 in all other summoning skills except Fire Golem (0)
    15 Corpse Explosion**
    5 Amp Damage
    1 Weaken
    1 Terror
    1 Decrepify

* I am currently putting points into this and will keep doing so until maxed.
    ** Will max this after mages.

STR: 100
    DEX: 45
    VIT: 190
    Energy: 100

Putting all remaining points into VIT.

16. exportforce

I am now almost level 20 and have no real gear to wear but I never really run bad outta Mana... My 5 Skelles kill anything...

So I don't think that I will put any in Energy :)
    The only time I run out is when I get my first skelles on login ^^
    Oh and hey, I only died once until now... damn Andy didn't recognize the poison.
    Amp is very cool indeed ^^
    I hope that I will get some +skill gear...

17. icesickle

icesickle IncGamers Member

I'm making my first Fishymancer as well and it has waltzed past Izual at level 28. Its fun to be able to sit back and relax whilst your skeletal subordinates run the show. Gives me time to watch the telly and communicate with my family *lol*. I hope to develop a MF career out of this chap.

For the sake of handling Physical Immunes in the future, would it be prudent to invest some points in Poison skills?

18. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

No no no. That's what Amp is for, breaking physical immunities. And skeleton mages (however few you have) also help for that. I don't think there's a monster in the game that can spawn with 200% physical resist.

Summoners have no fear of immunes in the game.

19. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

They don't need to spawn with 200% Physical resist. Having 121% is all it takes to make them immune, even after Amp. Remember that things only work at 1/5th of their original power when breaking an immunity.
    Something with a high natural immunity and the Stone Skin mod can create a monster that is immune to Physical. Or a Possessed version of an already immune monster.

20. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

Even so, I hardly ever encounter a monster where I can't curse the physical immunity away. There are a few, but those are minibosses from a type that has a physical immunity with the stoneskin special.

Edit - d'oh, you already said so, sorry :rolleyes: