Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF'ing / Rune question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Rustydagger, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Rustydagger

Rustydagger IncGamers Member

MF'ing / Rune question

Hey,

First question is about MF'ing. Now when you MF with multiple people in a game how does the MF roll happen? is it based on who makes the killing blow? or does it just average out everyone's MF and does the drop that way ? Also does your merc effect your MF drop ratio at all? like if he has poor mf and you have great mf however he gets the last hit someone does it screw up your mf drop %?

Where is a good place to hunt for High level runes? like Ber, Jeh, and others. I've been told open chests in act 3 hell and higher for and just kill mass mobs? any particular areas that are better then others?

2. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

MF - Its calculated from the mf of the guy that makes the killing blow. If your merc makes the killing blow--> its your mf% + mercs mf%. If you do it--> its your mf% only.
    High runes - No spesific place are better than others. Just kill as many monsters you can, the fastest you can.

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Based on who makes the killing blow.

If you kill, use your MF only.

If your merc kills, use your MF + his MF.

If your minion kills (e.g. Shadow Master, skeletons, traps, etc.), use your MF + their MF (if any).

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=501814

There is only one answer to your question... there is no 'good place'. The vast majority of Hell can drop HRs. Hunt for your runes in areas dense with monsters, hunt often and kill fast, preferably in games with more players in them. And bear in mind that the more players in a game, the tougher it is to kill monsters. Cows, Act 3 Jungles, WSK, Pits, Ancient Tunnels... these are just a few examples.

Like I said in your old thread, expect to do thousands of runs. You will sooner find a good item or roll a good skiller and trade them for a (possibly duped) Jah or Ber, than find a legit one.

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

Duped runes in this game?:shocked: Never.:grin: I say that totaly sarcastically which may be lost on you if you're new to the game. I'd 99.9% of all high runes out there are duped. Your ability to find one is near impossible.

I've played this game for years and the best I've ever gotten to drop (not counting hellforge or countess) is an Ist. I did see a Vex drop in a group game once (but is wasn't my turn for drops :cry:)

I'd go so far as to say that there's little point in specifically trying to find them. There's a few people out there that like to find everything they need themselves. (Those are probably the same people that use organic toothpaste*) Play the game for items and then trade for the runes you need. If you happen to find a rune - awsome.

*I'm so mean. Don't get me wrong, some group untwinked play can be fun once in a while. I just don't think you should be fanatic about it. I also don't think there's ever been such a thing as a self found Last Wish, Infinity, Destruction, etc. Maybe someone in the SPF has forge rushed enough accounts worth of chars to do it - but that hardly counts as "self found"**

** as long as I'm being mean I may as well get banned from the SPF. I've probably just really insulted someone's "legit" Infinity. :flowers:

5. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I do not! :rant:

Duped Infinity in the SPF?? How dare you!!! :angry: