Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF'ing - Pindle vs The Pit

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Monez, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

MF'ing - Pindle vs The Pit

Any suggestions on which one you prefer to mf in hell? Currently I have a lvl 89 Meteorb Sorc that does fine with either one, but I prefer Pindle, although the drops havent been GREAT...found gf the other day, otherwise a few occy's, skullders, 27% maras, some other alright stuff.

Is it simply personal preference?

2. Makaveli

Makaveli IncGamers Member

I believe there was already a thread on this...
    But yes it pritty much is personal prefrence, if you really hate doing a run, your not going to have much fun doing it and will get bored rather fast.

3. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

Sorry Mak, I'm a newbie here at the forum so if there was an old post about this my bad for the new thread :)

4. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

The Pit definitely IMO, usually plenty of champs and several named bosses there, but then I don't like changing games every 2 minutes or so, so that may be why I'm biased. Found loads of good stuff in The Pit, ran Pindle tons more times in 1.09 with much higher MF and best I found was a good Schaeffers, not much else to brag about. There weren't many elite uniques in 1.09 though. I say The Pit all the way.

5. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

Seeing as Pindleskin is such a quick and easy kill why not do both?

In fact, do more areas.

My Hell MF runs are typically Pindleskin, Shenk and whathisface, Pits, Andariel, Travincal (for runes, no MF gear needed here although the drops can be nice), Mephisto. As I am not a Mage Paladin I don't bother with CS because it takes too long compared to the areas, the same for a Baal run where teleport is really a must.

If you do more areas per game it relieves some of the tedium of the runs, I cannot for the life of me imagine doing 10 hours of Pindleskin runs *yawn*.
    Longer games mean that is easier to mule stuff you find out because the game remains active on the server for several minutes when you leave (providing you are soloing of course).

Last night, in one run in which I actually did do Baal for the quest, I found Lightning Facet Jewel, Hellslayer, Ariocs Needle, Skelpie Snare (75% Slow Target and reasonable damage), +1 Arkaines *sob* why never +2, +2 sorc skill coronet with +all resists, +mana (I think), HoZ (at bloody last, been looking for one for ages!), Griswolds Heart and Corpsemourn (both are Ornate Plate and they dropped from the same Monster :) ) and those were just the highlights.

Game lasted about 90 minutes, most of which was taken up with getting to and killing Baal. Andariel dropped nothing but blue as did Mephisto.

I would like to personally thank Baal for the Ariocs Needle however I will wait until he has calmed down after my rudely interrupting his evening meal :)

Muling was easy :)

6. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I prefer pit runs...they have a bit more variety. Although I once found a WF off pin...I find him real boring.

May your drops be golden , wherever you decide to go :yep: .

-Backdoor Bandit

7. Master-mind

Master-mind IncGamers Member

Sorry this is probably newb, but what are Pit and Pindle..? :scratch:
    I know they're some caves etc. but where are they located?

8. reese101295

reese101295 IncGamers Member

The Pit is a cave in the Tamoe Highland Act 1. Goto the Outer Cloister Way Point, back track out the door, and follow the road.

Pindleskin in an elite monster through the red anya town portal in act 5

9. Master-mind

Master-mind IncGamers Member

^ Thank you. :drool:

10. mondo1023

mondo1023 IncGamers Member

My problem with pits is that I hate running to them. It just pisses me off. Pindle and Eldritch are so easy cuz you run for 5 seconds and you are there. I used to time myself and I do eldritch and pindle in 45-55 seconds total with my level 91assn. So thats 2 super-uniques in less than a minute (this includes IDing stuff I pick up and selling stashing stuff). That makes much more sense to me than 5 or 6 random uniques in 7-10min.

11. ToRuleEmAll

ToRuleEmAll IncGamers Member

As usual, it is about how you want to spend your time. Sometimes I do a sequence of Andy (lotsa rings and ammies :worship: ), Countess (I'm yet to get anything good from her! :rant: ), Meph (say CHEESE! :evil: ), Pindle (just too close not to kill - doesn't drop frequently enough), Eldritch and Shenk (like pindle, just too close not to kill); sometimes I pick one to do repeatedly. Running the pit with an all-fire sorc is a pain. It used to be my favorite place though. Used to run only-pit runs with a frenzy barb and found my best stuff there. Too bad the barb died in a baal run recently but will get rebuilt soon.

12. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

Well thanks for all of the feedback. Sounds like The Pit drops stuff a little more frequently, plus I know that it is a helluva lot less boring than Pindle runs. Might have to try giving the multiple runs a try...Shenk/Eldritch/Meph/Council etc

13. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

The Pit and the Pindle-um...wasn't that by Edgar Alan Poe. Ok, that was dumb. Anyhow, if you ever wanted to make a Lightning zon (either LS or LF as main attack), try to go that way with an MF character, they have a relatively easy time with The Pit (as I suspect the rare breed of Light Sorc would also). It doesn't take much MF to produce good results in The Pit (at least 100 MF). As I said before I hate changing games every minute or so, Pindle is quite a boring run also, so The Pits a change of pace, at least for awhile.

After awhile, my LS zon started a new (for her) MF area, the Flayer Jungle, and I loved MFing there. I ran the whole area from Spider Forest to Stormtree (who by the way dropped me a relative rare unique +4 Skills Ondals Wisdom Elder Staff) including Flayer Dungeon. Lots of good stuff throughout there. I'll never forget the regular Flayer who dropped Stormshield right by the wpt as I was starting my run, I never had more than 140% MF at any time in 1.10 and found tons of stuff both in The Pit and Flayer Jungle (Dungeon).

I ALWAYS avoided Great Marsh when I could though, you would see why if you ever venture there.

14. Zardoz

Zardoz IncGamers Member

I do the maus and crypt, the pit, Andy, Shenk and Eldrich, and Pindle. All the above are a piece of cake for my hammerdin. If you go to the trouble of doing the maus don't forget the crypt, I've been getting some real good drops in there, couple of nights ago I got an Occy and Andy's Mask and some other assorted uniques in on run after getting nothing but a few blues to drop in the maus.