Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MFing.. I need some tips..

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by IN_FLAMES, Apr 5, 2004.

1. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

MFing.. I need some tips..

I have been mfing for like an hour and a half every day and I haven't found squat. The best I've found is Shaftstop.

I have like 400 mf with all gear on, but I usually don't use it all cause it takes my FB damage down like 4k

I'm using

occy
    skullders
    war travs
    chancies
    goldwrap
    shako
    armageddon fletch
    2x soj
    a whole bunch of smfc's

Level 82 fire sorc, with a 15k damage fball, and I haven't found ANYTHING! I've done hell meph, baal, pindle, everything, what am I doing wrong??

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

check your kills vs time. the more kills you have increases the drops. my necro did a5su's in about 2-5 minutes. my zon does it in 1-1.5 minutes, zon found ik armor, several shakos, shaft, vamp gaze, etc.

quantity: 90 mins/day is nothing. serious mf'ers do hundreds of runs per day. if you don't have the time, you are better off trading.

check failed rolls: sometimes, an item rolls as a unique or set, but there is no unique or set of that item available. in that case, the item will be either a rare with triple durablity for a failed unique, or double durability magical for a failed set. very often, people miss these and think their mf isn't working.

3. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

There is a trick to finding meph, I wrote a guide in this forum. Search for "Blizzard" "Guide to finding Meph" or something liek that. I explain how to find meph in like 10-20 seconds wihtout maphack.

I'd say start getting your meph runs down to 20-35 seconds and do that for an hour a day at least. You hsoudl get shakos/duriel shells/reapers tolls/lots of shael runes etc...

Meph is the way to go, you can trade what you get off him for the other stuff. The odd good rune you'll get form the forge or from chests walking around, will get you the good stuff, like tals armour.

4. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

From personal expirience (I use for MF lvl 87 sorc with ~350MF) best pot and fastest run is Andy/Hell and second best bet is Baal with 8ppl game (see my build not very typical I have ES and very high SF (can chop Baal from screen away) plus I am using offencive merc from NM act2. I had bad luck with Mephisto,Pindle, Pits and Masoleum - either runs is not time consuming just not much of loot here but Andy .... she drop unique/rare every kill ... shitty one usual but its other question lol. Plus cleaning Catacombs will net you some nice runes like Ohm, Um

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Andy drops so good because of a bug that causes her to drop the UberDrop every time, and not only the first time (Quest Kill)

The UberDrop is always a drop of items, 4 or more (depending on chance and number of players in te same plane). In the UberDrop no potions, gold, arrows and such can drop. This improves your chance on a unique item, since more items drop. When you've killed an act boss, you will not get the UberDrop every time you kill him again, though it's still possible.

6. fallen angel of satan

fallen angel of satan IncGamers Member

I personally run pindle, I used to mf meph alot, he use 2 give my a couple of uniques and a couple of setted each time. I run about 1000 pindle runs a day takes my between 15-20 secs depending if he is fire immune or not (ime a fire sorc, so my merc has 2 deal with him when he is fire immune) some days i find nothing more than a couple of rainbow facets, but other days like yesterday, i get lucky
    yesterday I got wf,gf, templars might steelrend arky coa gris helm and gul rune, all I can say is mf takes alot of time, nit just an hour, i advise for a week or so, you concentrate just on mf, not makin that new barb you wanted to make, that is if you want to find godly gear, if you dont want to do this then just trade, you can find completely insamely good trades, i got steelrend for occy yesterday and i got jah for shaft + a shitty gaze the day before, but if the godly items dropped all the time then the game would be boring, lol, and everyone would be rich