MFing hell Ba'al

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
MFing hell Ba'al

Simple, to the point, is this really worth it?

He can drop any item in the game, right? Good. Now, what items that I'm seeking can he drop that Mephy can't?

Stormlash
Tal's Armor
Arkaine's Valor
Leviathan
Seraph's Hymn
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Trang's Belt
Trang's Helm

I ask this simply because my sorcy just hit level 89 and I decided it was a good time to pay him a visit again, as I don't like doing it a lot with a half full or more meter. My sorcy runs Mephy in about 1 minute, Ba'al takes up to ten depending on mods of minions. Achmel and Bartuc in particular give me fits, the other three waves are pretty easy usually. Those two though make me TP about a dozen times to res the merc, even if I'm trying to save him with Big Grape Juices (tm)

Now, I got Tal's Ammy from him once, but other than that, in 1.10, I don't think I've ever gotten an item I've kept. I just did about a dozen runs and didn't even pick up anything he dropped except gold. Super Killer Uber uniques dropped included Raven Claw, The Chieftain, and the ever popular Venom Ward. Summation, it's a lot more dangerous than Meph, a lot more time consuming, a lot more expensive, and seems a lot less rewarding.

Is it really worth him to MF or should I just stick to Pindle, Pit, and Meph? BTW my sorcy is my fo/fw sorc with about 400ish mf. Negative resists across the board, about 1100 or 1200 life, 800ish mana.

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
There should be a cube recipe that allows you to turn 50 Isenhart's Cases or Venom Wards into something useful.

Oh, wait - how could you fit them all in... Silly me.

there should be a recipe to turn a venom ward into an el, i think that it would have about the same value, and great for those peopl who want to cube a zod from El's. :lol:
As for Baal, i perfere him to meph because i like gaining noticably EXP. I rarely MF is areas well below my level since persoanlly, the characgters are more important than the items, so having a high level character, who kills monsters in WSK 2, 3, throne room, and baal (all of which are lvl85 areas, so anything can drop) IMO is better than just 1 who runs meph, who not only cant drop all items, but gives you about 4 exp per run it seems at times.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd stick to Pindle/Thresh if I were you... Personally I wouldn't even attempt setting foot in WSK with negative resists...

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, I'm not worried about dying. I'm such a wimp that I'm the fastest teleporter on planet earth. I'm not really playing the sorc for exp either, although I strive not to lose a ton on death and that's why I waited to level to try Baal again. I'm strictly asking on the basis of itamz.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
But you shouldn't go for baal only if you want to run him for MF.

Clean out (the path on) the WSK and kill baal. That way the WSK compares with a pit run where baal is a bonus.

Basically if you have most items up to TC 72-75 stop running memph. He will not give you a lot of new stuff. lvl 85 area's, Pindle and Baal are better options for the higher TC gear.

Randall

EDIT: You will need to increase your lightning resistance though, gloams hurt without it. But only lightning res is needed. A few charms should solve this.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Ummm. Hmmm. I just went and did one more run while waiting for some new posts to read.

Firelizard's Talons
Feral Claws
One-Hand Damage: 79 to 191
Durability: 42 of 52
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 113
Required Strength: 113
Required Level: 67
Claw Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x3be0cb6e
+262% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +47%
Adds 236-480 fire damage
15% Increased Attack Speed
+1 to Wake of Inferno (Assassin Only)
+1 to Wake of Fire (Assassin Only)
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)

Immortal King's Soul Cage
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1301
Durability: 58 of 60
Required Strength: 232
Required Level: 76
Unidentified
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0x92fa4140
+400 Defense
Poison Resist +50%
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
5% Chance to cast Level 5 Enchant when struck

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
25% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +40%
Fire Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
+50% Enhanced Defense
***Partial Set Item Bonuses***

robdylan

Diabloii.Net Member
Tarr - did you get those from Baal, or from the Pit?

Ironic, those are the two best items I ever got from the Pit in my previous days (before I deleted my frikkin stash)

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
robdylan said:
Tarr - did you get those from Baal, or from the Pit?

Ironic, those are the two best items I ever got from the Pit in my previous days (before I deleted my frikkin stash)
Those were Baal (Item Level 99)

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
You should post a thread asking 'is Baal good for dropping 6 zods in 1 run?' and hope that fate is in a good mood. :lol:
Is Baal good for dropping 6 zods in one run? I'm going to go find out. BRB.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Tarr said:
Is Baal good for dropping 6 zods in one run? I'm going to go find out. BRB.
Nope. He's good for dropping The Impaler and a crappy rare ogre axe though.

Darkflight

Diabloii.Net Member
Baal has the best drops in the game, but its VERY timeconsuming to run him. I've done it a lot and i've got some good stuff from him. You just have to be patient. Do the WSK too. It makes the run alot less boring :)

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
Stormlash- meph can drop 1/40,000 chance though
Tal's Armor -meph can't drop
Arkaine's Valor-meph can't drop
Leviathan-meph can't drop
Seraph's Hymn meph can drop
Mara's Kaleidoscope meph can drop
Trang's Belt meph can't drop
Trang's Helm meph can't drop

just so you know, he can't drop anything higher than TC78.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Meph dropped a Sazabi armor to me last night. For someone like me, whose head hurts where numbers are involved, doesn't that mean he can drop Valor? Or is valor's ilvl too high?