Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF'ing Fishy

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by HuD, Aug 6, 2010.

1. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

MF'ing Fishy

Looking for the best place to MF for ME specifically. Fishymancer, 311% MF lvl 79, just got past the Maggot Lair in Hell (thank heavens). Thinking NM Meph? Hell Pits? What players setting should I use? Could probably handle Pits in Hell on P8 but it would be slow whereas anywhere on P1 is just lol with CE. Help? =)

Edit: While we're on the subject, since I am a complete newb to MF'ing - do you just run straight through all the creeps, ignoring chests etc in the interest of speed or do u pay attention to creep drops, chests etc?

2. Rofle

Rofle IncGamers Member

Re: MF'ing Fishy

I'd say open chests, every high rune i've ever gotten was drop a chest, special and normal ones

3. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

KK picked up a greenie a second ago in a chest as it happens :p

I also play SP exclusively and am only interested in MF'ing for other future chars, in case thats important info :)

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

My understanding is that boss' drops in the Pit don't change with /players x setting, so unless you're going for experience you might as well just use /players 1.

My two highest rune finds (Zod and Cham) have been from kills. I have, however, found a Vex and a Stone of Jordan from props (chests / urns.) In my opinion, it's all about finding the right level area of high density drops, whether from monsters or props.

Best of luck to you!

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster IncGamers Member

NM Travi,Meph, Eldritch, Shenk and Pindle, and Countess and Pits on Hell. Always check chests, etc as you always find decent stuff from the most unexpected spots.

6. HuD

HuD IncGamers Member

Thanks muchly all ^_^

7. djfriesen

djfriesen IncGamers Member

CE fishies shine in area clears. Pits, Ancient Tunnels, WSK, etc. I try to run 3-4 players, so the drops are ok, but it's still pretty fast. On a side note, Enigma makes boss runs much more viable. If you don't have it, you may be better served by running the high TC area for clears. And definitely pop chests.