Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mfing amazon help!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ninjaduckie, May 26, 2008.

1. ninjaduckie

ninjaduckie IncGamers Member

Mfing amazon help!

What's the best gear to use on a bowazon when it comes to magic finding?

I'm currently using:

Cow King (Full Set) (100% mf)
    Hellrack crossbow (0% mf)
    Chance Guard gloves (30% mf)
    Goldwrap belt (30% mf)
    Nagelring x2 (60% mf)
    Amulet (25% mf)

I also have an ethereal Harlequin Shako, but with the full Cow King's set.. I don't know what to use more.

My stats are as follows (with no gear):
    Strength: 115
    Dexterity: 94 (low, I know)
    Vitality: 129
    Energy: 122

Normally I'd use full M'avina's, but I'd like to keep a magic finding gear set in my stash when I feel like hunting for items.

I know a bowazon isn't very practical for mfing, but it's the only high level character at the moment.

Can anyone give me a few tips on what gear I should really be using?

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: Mfing amazon help!

Steal skull, skulders/tal armor, and any wt would be a nice upgrade.

3. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

perhaps you should change your target. I know mf - like baal runes or mephisto - are very popular way to find items, though as you will see amazons aren't good at getting really high mf. And they can't teleport fast to those bosses aswell.
    Therefore, some of us make bowazon without mf and start searching for socketable items. Just yesterday I sold a vortex shield for jah, ber. The idea is to kill as many interesting monster - often pits or ancient tunnels - and hope that they drop white items, charms, gems or runes.

Anyway, if you insist on going high on bowazon, it isn't impossible. Check out some of these topics.
    http://www.google.be/search?hl=nl&c...e:forums.diabloii.net+mf+bowazon+diabloii.net
    Look for topic about partial tals set, or the Steal skull-skulders combo

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I would give up mf-ama project. Amazons can make great crowd killers - they work well in some interesting areas as Pit or Flyers Jungle. AS Nase said - there are white and gray items much more valuable than uniqes eller sets. You don´t need any mf to find charms and runes as well.

My tip is: Give your ama as much firepower as you can and go! Some mf can you have - it never hurts... but using TWO manalds on an boazon is a HERESY :rant:

And why would you want to mf? All unique stuff you can ever find with her you can much faster buy for a couple of p gems. If you still want to mf though - make a sorc.

5. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

**** you and your "make a sorc"

bowas easily run two of the best mfing areas in the game; pits and chaos sanc.

mine wears:
    steelskull (dual leech taken care of, ias, mf)
    cat's eye (or highlords)
    skulders
    faith gmb (ideally, if you cant afford one, get the biggest damage bow you can get. wf, eagle horn, harmony, wws. whatever you chose make sure you are firing at a decent rate. ITD helps too if you can)
    20ias/knock back gloves (or LoH)
    mf ring (nagel or magic/rare. mine is 100 mana/23 mf)
    razortail
    ravenfrost
    war travs

switch is whatever you want to deal with physical immunes. i've used harmony, wws, just magic arrow on main and currently a jav switch on my hybrid mf zon.

merc is reaper's toll, eth skulders, eth shako

my zon is currently rocking over 330% mf killing at a decent rate and since i've remade her as hybrid i can kill Diablo faster as well as run cows when i want.

6. Ugla

Ugla IncGamers Member

Note that CDM is talking about physical-based bowzons. If that is your case, you should indeed try to rebuild, aiming for 300+ dext, since it is your main source of damage (off-weapon %ED). Energy should be left at base and you only need to spend enough points in vita to be safe and get the str needed to use the gear. Speaking of which, Hellrack takes a huge toll on your stat-points, unless you have a lot of +str on your gear - I suspect you may be confusing Hellrack with Buriza, since you only have 115 base str :scratch:

As for the cow set, I use the boots and armor on many of my characters in the early stage of the game. The full set bonus is IMO not worth it, since the helm itself provides basically nothing on top of looking ugly :rolleyes: Its MF bonus is easily equaled by an adequate armor choice (Skullder's, Tal's, or even 'Wealth' or PTopazed one) allowing for some better helm. Cow boots are still very decent MF boots for a bowie.

The first thing to ditch are the chancies, since you can gamble/find/craft 20-25%MF rare gloves with other useful mods (20% IAS, resists, +dext) in relatively short time. Nagels are generally over-rated, since basically any build can get much more important mods from these slots.

7. alexho

alexho IncGamers Member

crawlingdeadman, may i ask you does your zon have multishot? i have looked at your previous post which you made on your zon that did ubers, you said strafe 20, valk 19, 20 ga. what is your opinion for ms, cause im unsure of that ability deciding if i should even invest in it..

i agree

ugla so 110+ str (bows) and base energy. what about vitality 400+ life ish??

8. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

i have more than one zon... for the above posted mf zon she has 2 hard points invested for a total of level 9 multi. i find it very helpful in the open areas of the sanc (and most especially the river leading up to sanc) as well as on the way to the pits and the pits level 2. it's well worth a few points, but i'd not go past level 15. i like mine where it is and i'd love to have maybe 2 more points in it. it was me choosing between a stronger valk or a few more multi. at the time valk was dying a lot more than i liked so i went with her. my skill placement is very spread out on this zon actually. she's got fury and cs maxed, max strafe, some into valk, extra one in multi and rest into lightning bolt.

stats are enough into vit for ~550 life (i like this amount as i've nearly died several times from cold exploding bosses. seems like just enough to avoid those deaths as long as i'm at full life). 111 str (with gear) and rest into dex (335 with gear). much like my pure damage hybrid i went with skill placement of a java (mostly), stats of bowa, and a balance gear set. what i use to kill with is dependent on where i am and how big a mob i'm facing. i rarely fury in chaos sanc any more. if i do it's only a few to break up the mob a bit then it's mostly strafe with some multi instead if the spread is ideal for it. cs the big venom lords if there's only a couple left.

the trick is to keep ahead of your merc to keep him alive. decoy placement is very handy to know as well.