Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF'in with single element?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by smartdot, Jun 7, 2008.

1. smartdot

smartdot IncGamers Member

MF'in with single element?

ok i have a few questions:

1. Is Mf'in with a fireballer viable? how much hard would it be than a meteorb?
    2. What is the damage of a Meteorb compared to a fireballer?

thx for any replies.

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: MF'in with single element?

Well, I have never played with pure fire sorc, only with meteorbs, but...

1. I'd say it's propably a lot more difficult, simply beacause you don't have anything(apart from static/merc) to deal with fire immunes. So either you would have to MF somewhere where there's no fire immunes , simply bypass all fire immunes or use static/merc to kill them which would slow down your speed. Andy and Mephruns would obviously be good places for fire sorc, but I don't remember if there is any lvl85 areas without fire immunes. Isn't fire the most common immune in Hell?

2. I quess the fireball damage would be better(at least with all the high-end gear) with pure fire sorc, but I don't really know by how much. Meteorb spends 20+ points to get Frozen Orb, so pure fire could max the synergys faster, and most meteorbers use full tal set, which might not be the best choice for single-tree sorc. Not that you'd ever have problems with meteorbers fireball damage. I've always thought pure fireball sorc is more of a PvP thing.

3. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I think blizzard is nice for MF'ing, IMO the only place worth searching is Mephisto which can actually drop you some decent stuff. The higher level stuff is just too rare to be worthwhile.

And for your information, Meteorb generally has about 5k fireball damage, and pure fireball non-ES sorc has perhaps 14-16k, or 20k+ with skillers. It all depends on whether 105 or 200 FCR, or ES or not.

4. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

My pure meteor/fireball sorc had been running pindle for a long time, with merc killing him (pretty fast with cruel war pike) when he spawns magic resistant (he's fire enchanted by default but it's not enough to give him immunity). It works very well but blizzard would probably be even faster.

If you actually want to run stuff like pits/tunnels/whatever, single element will probably be slower because you'll have to run from a lot of packs. But you kill so many more bosses/minute imo in pindle runs than in those zones, and the only 3 items pindle can't drop are never going to drop anyway.

5. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Might be true when your just starting the game and dont have many items, but with half-decent gear, you can do lot better than 5k.

My current Meteorb MFer has fireball damage 11-12k, plus -20% to enemy fire resistance. I could go even higher by adding two sojs, two fire facets and couple more skillers, but that would start to hurt my mf, besides I dont really think you even need that high damage if your only mfing.

6. Jake the Quinceeater

Jake the Quinceeater IncGamers Member

I don't know how rich you are or how much you are willing to spend on an mf character, but an infinity on your mercenary breaks almost all lightning immunities on normal (i.e. non-unique etc.) monsters in hell, but far fewer fire and cold immunities. IMO this makes the most effective (albeit one of the most expensive) mf sorc builds a pure lightning one. (My mf sorc is pure lightning and has around 500 mf without charms and can kill andy and meph with little difficulty in 8-player games (10-20 second kill). Equipment: tal belt+armour+amulet, ptopazed shako, 6isted cs, 4isted monarch, chance guards, war travellers, 2 nagelrings; on mercenary andy's face, fortitude and infinity eth cv.)

7. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

What gear are you using? I really can't imagine a meteorb MF getting that high of a damage, although my setup lacked a torch, anni, cta, facets and skillers.

8. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

Probably something like full Tals, magefists, spirit, Torch, Anni, + 1 Facet (Tals give -15% Fire res).

9. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

What Zelator said.

Plus CtA and 4 skillers.