Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mfin "The Pit" or "Pindle"

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Diablo2Slave, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Diablo2Slave

Diablo2Slave IncGamers Member

Mfin "The Pit" or "Pindle"

alright after much debate with my friends on the game and on these forums i have decided to run eaither the pit or pindle exclusivly, but wanted to know what build is best for

The Pit?

Pindle?

And which one would yield more of a profit i dont have a bot to run them for me so im thinking 20 runs a day would possibly yield good items or atleast ones that i could trade in the future, i would also like to know what merc would be my best pic and could servive the best with minimal gear until i find the gear i want to equip them with mainly im thinking shaft+gaze+bonehew or if its a barb maybe GF (wishful thinking but i think that i could get one) but anyways those are my questions plz respond any and all input will be most appreciated.

2. Tapewar

Tapewar IncGamers Member

for the pit, ill say necro, specifically, poison nova. There are no natural poison immunes in the pit, so a decent synergized p.nova necro will destroy the pit even in high player games, with ease. WW barbs also do pretty well. A blizz sorc can do meph runs, and a2 aincient tunnels extremely fast as well.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

20 runs a day? Are you kidding?

The odds of something nice faling at either Pindle or in the Pits are quite low, so I don't think you will be trading much. You deffinately need to invest more time to your MF runs, and not half an hour a day. That is if you want to find the really good items like GF and stuff.

4. pliu

pliu Banned

No. Half of the Bone Warriors in the pit are poison immunes.

For Pindle, the fast and funny char to use a skelemance. raise the army in the graden, head to pindle kill the first Defiled Warrior and start CE bang! bang!! bang!!! pindle died :lol:

EDIT: :Sorry: lag in the internet submit this twice :flip: :drink:

5. pliu

pliu Banned

No. Half of the Bone Warriors in the pit are poison immunes.

For Pindle, the fast and funny char to use a skelemance. Raise the army in the garden, head to pindle kill the first Defiled Warrior and start CE bang! bang!! bang!!! pindle died :lol:

6. Diablo2Slave

Well then how many runs daily do you propose i do? ive herd 200 runs daily from a few friends but honestly how long is that going to take to do those?
    and if not pindle and pits what then do u propose i run then hmm... i guess im just looking for 1 place to run exclusivly... so that i can do them over and over again...

7. pliu

pliu Banned

For pindle.Use skelemancer with amp and maxed CE is very fast, about 20~30 seconds a run. If you can raise you army very fast may only take 10 seconds.

8. wangboBW

wangboBW IncGamers Member

Well sorceress can do pindle pretty fast with a decent merc. And yes...if you mf at either pindle or pit, you either are too poor to mf in meph, or meph doesn't drop enough godly ladder onlys. Meph can only drop certain things, but some of the best items are available at pindle and pit.
    Pindle drops much better than pit simply because your running it faster, since pit takes quite a while to clear out, 2-3 at best and your killing only about 7-11 bosses in the cave. At the same time pindle has much a better chance at dropping something good because he is a superunique.
    WARNING: Pit cannot drops Azurewrath, and a some other "few" uniques", but don't get disappointed, in rarety, azurewrath is worth a lot more than it is selling for. AKA kind of like WF and GF in 1.10 ladder, they are expensive, but not compared to how rare they are.
    You can expect something godly every 1k pindle run or so. I found a IK Armor, D-Fanthom, Tal Armor in about 1k run, but I got lucky.
    So happy hunting!
    "Pit is defenitly better since most people will run pit a lot more, simply because its not as boring as pindle runs. ERRR...going to the same boss 200 times a day, why do I play again?"

9. Diablo2Slave

Ok i decided to go the skelemancer approach to pindle cause well meat shields = me not dying as much + my merc wont have to do all of it himself but my last question being would u suggest me getting max block with rhyme or not? to me max block would help cause it would save me from dying as much and enable my minions a wee bit more of time to get to me before getting myself maimed.

much thanks to you people for your helpful insight...
    if you are ever on USEAST msg me at Grand-Lich (ladder)

10. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Expect doing 100 to 200 pindle runs and ull find one or two good tradeables most of the time. Gives u xp and takes 25 secs

11. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

In the Pits, every item in the game can drop, and they can be dropped by each unique and his/her minions. Check
    here for details on what can drop where and by whom. Another good way to see where to look for certain items is the ATMA drop calculator, check the Single Player Forum for more info on ATMA (the thread is stickied there).

And if it's Azurewrath you want, run Mephisto, he's the 3rd best dropper for it, with Baal and Diablo being 1 and 2. Mephisto's drop chance is about half the chance B&D have, but you can run him alot faster, making him the prime Azurewrath dropper.

12. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

think about a good hammerdin, with mine all mf gear does about 6.8k dmg which to me is more then enuff. i kill pit easily

13. narfman0

narfman0 IncGamers Member

Pindleskin - Sorceress
    Pit - Necromancer
    I personally don't like my hammerdin in the pit because his hammer runs away and hits a wall too fast compared to outside, but he is decently fast too. He can at least do /players 8, so I think technically he is better.

14. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

I did 50-60 Pindle runs the other day with about 500+ MF. Found absolutely nothing worth keeping. -_-

15. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

Folks it's based on area level and LUCK.

I ran the pits, Countess (runes) NM Andy(soj hunting) and meph.

Tonite I was just craping about killing some time. Did two full runs. each run consist of teh following (Mausoleam, Countess, The Pit, Ancients Tunnel, and finaly Meph.

I found the follwoing in just those two runs
    From meph
    Reapers
    War travs
    Gore riders
    Boneflesh
    Swordback

From pit runs
    Heavens Set Mace
    2 x Mage fist
    Coldsteel
    Rattlecage

And from andy - 38% nagel

Total time to run each, bout 40 mins.

I don;t tele past the all the unqies in Durance, so my time is a little slower, but I'm not bored to tears running the same short MF run over and over again.

Pre 1.10 it would take about 200 Pin runs to achive some of this, but I doubt within 200 you'd get it all.

Just my two cents

BTW Mf is at 365%

Cheers!

Storm

16. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

I hope that was a typo because nagels are only 30%

17. Stormcryer

Yup, typing challenged here. I plead guilty on all counts of keyboard misuse, but do so by reason of medical infliction know as digit dyslexia syndrome more commonly know as Fudd Fingers. ;-)

It was a 28% Nagel,

So with a 28 on one side and a 27 on the other I'm pretty happy with the MF jewellery

Stormlock

18. Stormcryer

Yup, typing challenged here. I plead guilty on all counts of keyboard misuse, but do so by reason of medical infliction know as digit dyslexia syndrome more commonly know as Fudd Fingers. ;-)

It was a 28% Nagel,

So with a 28 on one side and a 27 on the other I'm pretty happy with the MF jewellery

Stormlock

***SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST BROWSING LAG AT WORK VERY BAD...****

19. LKn-Sorceress

LKn-Sorceress IncGamers Member

well i don't know about pits but for pindle a blizzard sorc is good i do about 4k damage and my merc prevents me from getting hit i have about 500 mf. 2 30 nagels 29 chance shako tal armor tal ammy and tal belt. belt gives 11 and 3 set gives 65 mf. then i have 42 war travs. occy. and rhyme and 36 gheeds and 4 7 mf sc's my merc never dies he wears 20 dr gaze upgraded shaft and 242 doombringer. i do a run about 10-15 seconds so blizzard sorc is very efficent