Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MFer Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AdunaCCDanimoth, Mar 30, 2004.

1. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

MFer Suggestions?

Well, I knew that one day I would need a new MFer, and it finally came today. I've made an MFer for every class, but one. My question to all of you people is what can I make for a Paladin MFer? To help narrow down ideas, there are two things you should know before giving me an idea:

1.) I hate shields for anything more than a resistance depot. I am of the believe that shields are a sign of cowardace and that the fun way of taking down a horde of monsters is by screaming through a crowd, slaughtering as I go.

2.) First person that mentions Hammerdin will get their front lawns coated with rock salt.

Thanks in advance.

- Aduna

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

euhm Hammerdin :teeth:

nah, i use a polearm barb, works GREAT, and you can equip a dual pair of ali baba's giving you huge mf, basicly slap on a pair of wartravs, skulders and a shako (both ptopazed..) and 2 ali babas on your switch...

you can go concentrate, WW or beserk... and being a barb you cn use find item to get some extra goodies whit all the mf you're carring..

off course a frenzy barb is possible too :)

Good luck :thumbsup:

edit: WooT!! 2000 posts ;)

3. AdunaCCDanimoth

You missed the part saying "Paladin MFer."

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Robin is always like that :teeth:

I have heard about successful MFing with both zealot and avenger, but I bet they need high-end gear for that. I can't say anything for sure, I don't have any MFing experience with paladins (except with hammerdin :teeth: )

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

euhm ok, shoot me :teeth:

well i have 2 zealots, one lvl 89 HC and 1 lvl ** SC, they both do fine when quiping them with a shako, skulders and a ali baba for the last sliver, combined with a pair of wartravelers, and a coupleof 7% mf charms, maybe a nagelring, you can hit 400%-450% which is more then enough..

just try it out, but if you want a palladin mfer, i really think a hammerdin is your best bet... so sew me :D

6. AdunaCCDanimoth

/shoots

/pours rock salt on strijdje's lawn

7. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

i just dislike paladins ^ ^ ive always viewed them as a kind of barbs little brother- though i have seen some good builds, i was disapointed when i pumped about 15 sojs worth of gear into a zealot and he couldnt handle ore then 5/6 cows :(

8. AdunaCCDanimoth

Thats about the same way I feel about them too, Doom. I also play DnD and when you have that Lawful Good Biblethumper in your game saying "Stealing from others is wrong" every 12 seconds, you really get annoyed with anything called Paladin.

9. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

I like to see Paladins like the ones from Edding's Sapphire Rose series. The kind that comes back to town from a mission and decide to stay at the underground/hidden resort of the order (bar/brothel) instead of returning to the temple (since they're expected to meditate and stuff there). Ones that carry extraordinarily wicked looking polearms to make sure not many people question their authority or try to stop them from going where they want/need to go. Sure they're saving the universe...just not in a way commonly expected from Paladins.

On that note, perhaps a HF Paladin could work for mfing...Skulder's Ire and Harlequin Crest both give +skills. You'll be slowing monsters down with a nice %, possibly giving you the space to go with a 2-handed weapon. Now if you have a big damage 2-handed weapon, you might as well use Vengeance to deal some serious damage...note that War Traveler +damage also helps Vengeance damage. Of course if you can afford Enigma, that's a little less mf but an additional +1 skills and Teleport to be able to do boss runs.

10. AdunaCCDanimoth

Thanks for the inputs so far, but I did come up with an idea using a skill calculator in which Elly/Gaile has banned me from saying where it is located. It's going to be pretty much a charger with some evil twists I added to him. Muwahahaha.....

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

u want a ranged one really, as ranged charatcer are generally less item dependant. the best ranged pally i can think of is a HF throwdin. the guide is here >>
    www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=136951
    you might also consider a avenger, since they get most of there dmg frmo the skill, you can carry a ok high MF sword or something.

12. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

you don't have a lot of choice in fact with paladin
    - sacrifice
    - hammer
    - zeal
    - vengeance

smith holy bolt convertion and charge are very interesting but can't be used at primary attack

and fist ....

you can also use a bow, but you loose 2 emplacement for mf items.