Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Zon!?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Zidane0927, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Zidane0927

Zidane0927 IncGamers Member

MF Zon!?

Hmm, what would be a good MF Zon build? I heard it's:
    MAX Strafe
    MAX Freezing Arrow
    MAX Cold Arrow
    and I don't nkow after that

And btw, what items should this zon use???

2. Zidane0927

Bump, BUMP BUMP like I've never bumped before!

3. shawnh

shawnh IncGamers Member

mf strafezon

I have a mf strafezon. Lvl 90
    I personally like to mf the river of flame and then kill Diablo.
    She uses a buriza and I didn't put any points into any cold or fire arrow skills. Instead I maxed magic arrow. I know what you are thinking, magic arrow???? Well you can't leech from immune to physical and cold and fire arrows are very mana dependent skills. I have found myself trying to kill immunes with cold arrow and be out of mana in a few shots. So I used magic arrow instead. Costs no bolts or arrows, costs no mana at higher levels and deals 1% per skill level magic damage. So at lvl 20 it deals 20% magic damage to enemy. Zons with average gear probably do around 1500-3000 damage (roughly). So that would be anywhere from 300-600 magic damage per shot. I can easily kill any physical immune monster and I don't need to worry about them being immune to cold. Which you may run into with a cold arrow build.
    So I maxed strafe and magic arrow, about 5-10 pts to multi shot and guided. The rest to critical strike, penetrate, dodge, evade, valk etc. 1 pt to pierce, in case I use a non piercing bow.
    Gear: Skullders (obviously) or enigma for the rich, Steelskull casque, chance guards, goldwrap, war travs, and rings and ammy can either be for leech if u need or a ravenfrost or go for mf. Your resists will be low with this gear though, you may need a lot of charms for positive resists. A
    corruption grip ring is ideal if u can get. Even dual c grips. I didn't prepare this guide ahead of time I'm just kinda stating a basic setup for mf on a zon, which is pretty much what I use except the Steelskull. I use a gaze. I hope this helps a little.

4. Zidane0927

Does anyone agree with him? I don't know, after reading your post, I do agree with you, but I just want to know...are other people having the no-mana problem vs PIs (if you use Freezing Arrow)?

5. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

Yes. I have to sadly search around for pots constantly. My last resort was to add 45+ mana grand charms to my zon's inventory. For my next zon I will go magic route instead of cold arrow skills. You're not the first I've seen to recommend magic arrow over cold skills.