Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF Worthless?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by LordNikon99, Feb 14, 2004.

1. LordNikon99

LordNikon99 IncGamers Member

MF Worthless?

I have heard from about 5 different ppl in 5 different games that MF doesnt work on Mephisto or any other bosses? :( What is the REAL deal?

2. Jeda

Jeda IncGamers Member

the real deal: the five different people in five different games... had no clue

3. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

All I can say is ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, but sometimes you get and sometimes you don't. Remember, the game first rolls for drop or no drop, then magic, then rare, then set, then unique (I left out normal stuff huh). How much magic find you does matter. When I do MF runs I always find stuff. However, sometimes the "boss" drops diddly squat.

Try it yourself. Give something (a run) 20 tries and see what happens. But write down what you get so you can evluate. I found Arreats Face from a minor boss in the Cold Plains and then went to go kill Andy, (in hell) but she didn't drop anything. Oh well.

Masa

4. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

The drops from Mephisto and other bosses are affected by mf. I think the reason those five people told you "mf doesn't matter" was because Blizzard's statement before 1.10 was released, which said that mf will from now on not work on bosses. This is incorrect. I've heard this from reliable sources (people who have read the game code).

5. Greengoo

Greengoo IncGamers Member

Mf sucks it is worthless
    so just go ahead and give me your skulders and shako and war traverls plz

/evil grin...