Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF with fire sorcs [L]

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by bres, Feb 25, 2004.

1. bres

bres IncGamers Member

MF with fire sorcs [L]

I have 607 mf and killing meph takes me about 3 min each game ( to find him takes time :grrr: )
    I was wondering how much mf with your fire sorc you have ? and how do you handle the teleporting issue to meph without dying on the way

and are there anymore places for a fire sorc to mf that the monsters aren't immune to fire ?

thanks in advance
    bres

2. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

I'm making one made purely for hell andy runs. Heard she dropped fairly well if you have all the quests done, tho that may just be a rumor, and her fire resistance is crap. The way to her place is also relatively the same every time

3. MasaM

MasaM IncGamers Member

If you have wizardspike it helps lot teleporting in hell. You should get faster cast rate over 65 and you will be fine.

I do hell andariel and meph when i mf. And other drops almost every game (99% games) uniq or set item. I have orb sorc and its mf is bit over 400.

4. bres

bres IncGamers Member

I do use wiz DUH :)
    I guess I just have bad luck :/

but the monsters around andy are fire immune how can you avoid them ? ( after all bunch of those little monsters do hurts )
    or you just not paying attention to them ?

5. amishamigo

Ya know my sorc is only level 47 now. I'm hoping that a strong enough fireball combined with some fire absorb so I heal from the flames I'm standing in (hopefully counteracting the poison) and maxed blocking will let me kill her without much trouble. So yeah, hopefully I'll just ignore them.....

If I can manage to not die on five out of ten of the andy runs I do, I'll be doing better then my current sorcie and that's what I want at the moment.

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

bres, just not pay attention to them. port right to Andy, blast here with your Fire attacks. She will die in like 3-4 sec. Meanwhile you might fear getting swamped by monsters, but the moment she dies usually everything around her dies too. the animation looks like some fire leaking from her, and there is blocks of stone falling from the ceiling killing monsters.
    The tactic looks scary but it works if you are pure Fire or Meteorb.
    The only thing you need to do is kill her as fast as possible.

I use this tactic with my Meteorb. Looks scary sometimes, but always works out. Never died from it.

7. VenomTheVirus

VenomTheVirus IncGamers Member

I'm making a Pure fire for MF perposes. I'm planning to run the Mausloum, for it has less Fire immunes ( I think ) But Andy and Meph have begun to atrract my attention. Nice Tactic there Melianor.

8. bres

bres IncGamers Member

thanks for the advise meli
    How much mf you got ? and do you use fire absorbs items ?

and did you get anything nice from andy ?

9. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Uhm, with switch i have ~520MF or so. Otherwise ~460. (maybe a bit too much, but since my killing power is not hampered ...)
    I use no Fire absorb items. That animation form Andi just hurts monsters not players. Its like that animation from Bloodraven.

Andy, yes she is my favorite amulet/ring dropper. Though she's dead ugly she seems to have a horde of jewerly behind her throne :D
    Other stuff drops nicely too and she is sooooo fast to kill with fire. 2 Meteors and a few Fireballs, while my merc holds her off and thats it.

It works without a merc to, but then you should be able to withstand some of her nasty nasty nasty poison.

10. amishamigo

The absorb was just a test but it worked well. Stand in the flames with waterwalks/dwarf stars (I didn't have any mf rings at that time anyway) and rising sun and the flames heal you fairly quickly.

Now i've switched those slots out with a poison resist/1 sorc skill ammy and faster cast rings.

Must work on maxing out poison resist. Maybe even use a jade tan do if i can get my cast rate high enough, as a switch. Or I could do death's gloves/belt for the cbf/resist/poison resists.

11. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

but there is a little thing bout the FI afflicted or Dark ones blocking ur fireball path to andy..u might be blasting fireballs aimed at andy but just one stupid afflicted standing in ur path can really screw u bad..happened to me a couple of times and it really sucks big time..just my 2 cents worth on wat to be careful bout :innocent:

p.s. and Andy is a dear..she dropped me 3 ravenfrosts 2 dwarfstars and a shako just the past 2 days without taking in the many sets and uniques..gotta love that girl :innocent:

12. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

If you find a nice Conviction Paladin, you could both run Baal. If you find a pure Conviction Paladin, you can run anything.

-_-

~Hearts~