Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MF: What do you pick up?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kinjal, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Kinjal

Kinjal IncGamers Member

I know it probably depends on the type of run you're doing and your goal. But in general when you MF what all do you pick up?

Is it efficient to pick up blue rings/ammy's in attempt to try and get the high mf ones? What about druid helms, claws, gloves (java/assy rolls), or warcry bases to snag great ones? Are there specific bases to pick up?

What about flawless gems (to make perfects/reroll charms)?

Picking up/muling items is probably what slows me down the msot. So I'm curious what you guys pick up. Is it best to just ignore these because there's a more efficient method of obtain these items? Or where do you guys draw the line?

2. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

I've made post about that in other thread.
    In the end it all depends on your goals. For example, normally I'd recommend not to pick say rare polearms and such items cuz they won't beat better and easier to get alternatives, but if player decides he wants to pick those up to build merc around it for coolness and similar stuff, then clearly it is up to that player to determine what does he want to do. That is how you draw a line.

Regarding blue stuff - amulets and rings are a waste of time. They are best gambled.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  3. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

My necro has sligthly above 150% MF. I pickup charms and ammies and rings (to cube them later) and some of magical / rare items. Just got Ume's Lament from Diablo normal. Great upgrade over my +3 Skeleton Mastery wand. Now I need to find a second one to replace my golem-summoning switch-set. ;)

@Gripphon. 100% right. Useless mods are spawning. Same with charms. Was lucky at the beginning, now I get shit like small charm of shit AR bonus (+1-10 to AR) xD My resists are decent at least but not enough to cover the NM penalty. Will gamble a bit when I hit the cap with my money.

4. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

You can never have too many cracked sashes...

T72on1 and RadTang like this.
  5. Carawolk

Carawolk IncGamers Member

pick up all the javelins and tell me when you get +6 skills/40% ias ones.

6. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Barbs would like 2 of them with +3 to singing skills. 'Coz everyone knows that a man with 2 sticks sings much better than a man without them ! ;)

7. Kinjal

Kinjal IncGamers Member

Thanks gripphon. That post is exactly the type of info I was looking for.

I'm curious if you'd be willing to clarify some of them the points though:

Gems: Do you pick them all up? You mention some are good for "trade material". Does that mean vendoring?

-Superior useful bases: Is there a list somewhere of ones to look out for? (Same for claw bases/rare claws?)

Thanks for the tip on blue rings/ammy's. Definitely gonna gamble them.

8. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

I pick up all circlets. Take at least one base one if you find - for imbuing. Found today +1 necro skill one. Unfortunately, I already have Lore runeword at helmet so I had +1 and more. I also tak all the gems. I have currently more than 600 of them xD For building wealth for gambling, armor are awesome. Especially the rare one. And staves / wands. They don't have to be magical though.

9. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

It is a good idea to have all kind of gems in some quantity since they are needed to combine runes and for some recipes. But nothing much, at least 5 of each is ok. Then there are where real game is - perfect gems. I pick only flawless gems which are combined to perfect, rest are usually not worth the time.

By trading I meant on actual trading between players. We have trade forum in here, but there are rules to follow too. Some think trading ruins experience of single playing, so they do not bother going into it.

Don't know about list, probably somewhere it is.
    From superior bases, popular are ethereal elite polearms for merc (most notably Great Poleaxe and Thresher), then Phase Blades since they are automatically indestructible and make great base for say Grief, then Berserker Axes which are stronger than Phase Blades, but are not indestructible by themselves, possibly some other elite axes and swords, some consider picking up War Pikes to be good for whatever reason.
    Claws are usually at Greater Talons/Runic Talons with some slower bases like Greater Claws for example. Suwayyah is good for Chaos cuz of damage output, same for Scissor Suwayyah, but has higher requirements.

From shields 4 os or white Monarchs ofc for Spirit, then 4 os or white Sacred Targes for paladin Spirits...

10. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal